2 recordings, 1 reminder on the same Mux

I have set up recordings on BBC ONE HD and BBC TWO HD as well as an earlier reminder on Channel 5 HD on Saturday evening.

This has prompted a clash email from RS:-

101 BBC ONE HD Sat 23/12/17 18:15 - 19:10: Pointless Celebrities Christmas Special
A special celebrity Christmas edition featuring Justin Hawkins and Dan
102 BBC TWO HD Sat 23/12/17 18:00 - 19:30: Bill
Family comedy from the performers of Horrible Histories. Young Bill

Will I be able to continue to watch Channel 5 HD once the second recording starts as they are all on the same Mux?

This won't be a problem, it's just the RS getting its knickers in a twist. Better to have false positives (which alert one to a possibility that can then be dismissed) than false negatives (no alert to an actual problem that goes unnoticed).

It could be that the RS doesn't recognise the reminder as just a reminder, and is trying to alert you to a "three simultaneous recordings" conflict.

AFAIK the Humax SUI will also complain if you have 3 conflicting remeinders and recordings - neither takes into account the Mux when deciding whether it should be allowed or not.
I don't have the energy to try a practical experiment to confirm this :sleep:

AFAIK the Humax SUI will also complain if you have 3 conflicting remeinders and recordings - neither takes into account the Mux when deciding whether it should be allowed or not.
I don't have the energy to try a practical experiment to confirm this :sleep:

All recent Humax twin tuner boxes will allow two recordings and a reminder on any available mux/transponder at the same time. It's a handy way to ensure the time shift buffer has the start of the third programme. Those that allow recording from the time shift buffer are able to record the third from the buffer once recording has finished.

For obvious reasons you cannot set more than one reminder in the same time slot.

It would be a neat trick if the CF could automate the third channel recording capability.

Back