2Tb HDD for Hdr Fox T2

Andybrody

Hi
I was given a 2Tb WD20PURX AV/Surveillance HDD for Xmas.
I know this has been asked before but can not seem to find a definitive answer.
So can the HDR format the HDD all by itself and get the correct 4K alignment (I have looked at the 2TB Disk Installation Blog on the Wiki and found it very confusing).
Once the format has been completed I know I will have to copy all the video files over from the original HDD to the new one (not a problem).
Will I have to copy all the hidden file/folders/root for the CFW/Packages/Settings/EPG data to be transferred or can a disc clone software be used if so any recommendations, or will this all have to be reinstalled and set up again.
Thanks for any help/replies.
Cheers
Andy

Web interface version: 1.0.18-3
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)
Serial Number: 63 7104460 01483
Rendered in: 0.099 seconds

I replaced my failing disk with a new 2TB one, it's really easy. The standard software only formats a 1TB drive but the custom software will format a 2TB disk.

With 1.02.32 firmware installed it can't format a 2TB drive automatically, but 1.03.12 will format this correctly and align the sectors: check this with the 4kalign diagnostic afterwards to be sure. If you want to keep on 1.02.32 firmware I would upgrade to 1.03.12 to format then downgrade once you are done. You will need to reinstall CFW packages and settings as lot of this is on the hard drive (some packages are stored in flash memory).

With 1.02.32 firmware installed it can't format a 2TB drive automatically, but 1.03.12 will format this correctly and align the sectors: check this with the 4kalign diagnostic afterwards to be sure. If you want to keep on 1.02.32 firmware I would upgrade to 1.03.12 to format then downgrade once you are done. You will need to reinstall CFW packages and settings as lot of this is on the hard drive (some packages are stored in flash memory).
Thanks for the info I thought it would be the case give it a try tomorrow.

Hi again
Is there a way of backing up recording schedule/favourites to a laptop before removing HDD from Hummy and then putting back on new HDD once formatted and CFW/packages reinstalled.

Sure - just FTP off the WebIF auto-backup files (and then put them back). You will need to be using the betaftpd package and turn off the native FTP server to get FTP access to that area of the file system.

Sure - just FTP off the WebIF auto-backup files (and then put them back). You will need to be using the betaftpd package and turn off the native FTP server to get FTP access to that area of the file system.
Sorry BH that means very little to me simple English for a simple Englishman.
Thanks

<sigh>

1. Ensure you have the CF package betaftpd installed, and ensure the Humax FTP server is turned off: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = Off.

2. Gain FTP (File Transfer Protocol) access to your Humax from your PC - for information see my Trail Guide (click).

3. Locate the schedule and favourites backup files that the WebIF auto-restore mechanism creates, somewhere in the /mod branches (I'm not in range to check where they are exactly), then copy them to your PC.

4. Once you have installed and configured the new HDD, use the same process to put them back.

5. In WebIF >> Schedule, at the bottom of the page use the tools to restore from the backup files.

For other explanations see my Glossary (click).

Last edited:
<sigh>

1. Ensure you have the CF package betaftpd installed, and ensure the Humax FTP server is turned off: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = Off.

2. Gain FTP (File Transfer Protocol) access to your Humax from your PC - for information see the wiki (click) and/or my Trail Guide (click).

3. Locate the schedule and favourites backup files that the WebIF auto-restore mechanism creates, somewhere in the /mod branches (I'm not in range to check where they are exactly), then copy them to your PC.

4. Once you have installed and configured the new HDD, use the same process to put them back.

5. In WebIF >> Schedule, at the bottom of the page use the tools to restore from the backup files.
Ta

It might have helped if you had been told what you were supposed to be looking for / where it is. You are looking for *.rbk files and they are located here :-
/mod/var/backup/*.rbk, you may have both automatically generated and manually generated rbk files in this folder. Notes for Schedule Backup and Restore are in the WiKi HERE

I'll leave it to Andy to decide if my post is useful or not if you don't mind
I never said your post wasn't useful, but when compiling mine (I did say I was not in a position to locate the relevant files - your wording was unnecessarily caustic) I scoured the wiki for details about using FTP and found an obvious hole to fill.

Your post #8 was about as useful as a chocolate teapot, 'find that thing in that place' wasn't helpful, you dish out much more cutting comments to other users, e.g. :-
Do something useful and put a proper guide to FTP on the wiki.

I found your wording was unnecessarily caustic

Could we neutralise you two with some sort of acid? Or maybe you'd like a soda?

Post 8 was clearly the best I could provide at the time, and was clearly not as useless as is being claimed. The information could have been supplemented without further remark, so yet again it appears he who cast the first stone is seeking to wriggle out of it.

As I have said many times before, anyone wanting to pick a fight with me will get one - so if you don't want fights on this forum you know what to do. There appeared to be a tacit truce for a while, but the Christmas season seems to have broken it.

And a happy new year to you all.
It seems that the chances of BH and Ezra not picking fights with each other and cluttering up every third or fourth thread with really petty, childish arguments this year seem to be non-existent already.
Both make really useful and informative posts, but the constant petty bickering is getting a bit tedious.

What do you suggest - I should just let them kick sand in my face?
Maybe this is what you need ?

And if you are going to quote me then put it in context. The full story, not just BH's selected bits (Click).....
18.jpg

Back