4000T - wifi horrendous... any fixes?

NeilH74

Evening all...

new owner after dumping SKY and being recommended to get a Humax box.

All seems to be working well until I want to use any of the 'players'. AM stuck with the STV player being 'north of the border.... tried watching something on it the other day and it really couldn't cope with having to download adverts on demand - so much so I had to exit the player and go back in to keep watching and this skip the ads. Having same problem whichever player i use, including Netflix.

So - is this just the 4000T being itself or am I needing to direct connect to my router somehow and dump the wifi? If it's the former I may be heading back to SKY sooner rather than later - the rest of stuff the box does suits me fine but I do watch a lot of stuff on Netflix and can't be doing with the slowness of it.

Any advice / suggestions gratefully received

My 4000 works fine on WiFi
I wonder whether the channel setup has anything to do with it, in which case might just be worth a retune to the correct TV region

I wouldn't use STV Player as any kind of yardstick - it's a dog.
I have a smart TV and HDR Fox-T2 both connected by wifi and a not great internet connection - 2.5mbps at best.
When the internet is OK I find that Netflix and All4 play flawlessly via the smart TV, iPlayer is fine by TV or T2 portal and even BT Sport app via chromecast is almost flawless but ...
STV Player is much more prone to stuttering and commercial breaks are really poorly edited with long pauses between adverts and repeats of the final few secs pre-break when the programme resumes.
Definitely one to be avoided as much as possible and no measure of wifi performance.

Didn't twig the link.
But despite that, the link still does not expand STV into something meaningful.

It's basically ITV in Scotland. IIRC the programming is identical except for news and sport, but having a different name keeps Ms Sturgeon and Co happy.

In Northern Ireland the equivalent is UTV. I think Wales are less bothered...

But S4C has nothing to do with ITV.

The point I was making is that STV isnt really any more significant than the other ITV regions (Central, Granada etc). ITV in Wales is ...ITV... they don't feel the need to rebrand it.

It's good to see this forum hasn't lost its reputation for wandering off topic 😂

First two posts were relevant but OP hasn't been back. Perhaps he's heard of the mission creep here.

Back