5000T channel issue

HeHi66

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but my Mums box when turned to Channel 61 (True Ent) says unavailable or scrambled. The channel is available on the TVs built in tuner. She wanted to record something but alas I know not how to fix this problem. Assume it is a tuning issue but not sure how to resolve. We get signal from either Wrekin or Sutton Coldfield

Yes that's the box. I will look again at your response and give it a go. Do I assume I need to manually tune in all channels?

Sorry am tech minded but afraid this stumped me. My Mum in her 80's so just need to instill confidence in her it wont wreck her recording schedule...

Oh Black Hole, that was a given I would do that. Just try altering 85 year old tech set up..she doesn't understand the tuning bit,, if don't look like I can instil confidence it will be dont do it will fo wrong..or any issue will be my fault....it will be done, I will achieve and win. Already documented so no worries there....

She's got a choice: do without True Entertainment!

The transmitter retunes here mean I will need a new aerial just to get BBC1 West!

I think you missed my point: conflicting wishes (been there, done that).

"I can't get True Entertainment any more"
"I'll have to retune"
"I don't want you to retune, you might muck up my recording schedule"
"So don't watch True Entertainment then"

If she wants True Entertainment back she'll have to trust you (or someone) with the retune, take it or leave it.

This is not an unusual scenario when dealing with elderly people who may have lost some of their reasoning ability. There is a diminution of being able to balance short-term inconvenience against longer-term benefit, and it can be very difficult to overcome without disempowering them.

However, before attempting a retune you should be working out why True Entertainment in particular has dropped out. Are the other services on the same mux still available? If not, maybe the mux which carries True Entertainment has moved and you should get away with a selective retune for just that mux.

This will tell you what other services share the same mux: https://hummy.tv/forum/link-forums/digital-uk-industry-channel-listings.34/

Last edited:
I understand ...I was just venting. This has nothing to do with impaired reasoning or memory she is 100%. She has always been like this. It will be done tomorrow and she will be fine...thanks

Meant to say she will be fine once done but will be banished from room to do something else or will ensure she is distracted....

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but my Mums box when turned to Channel 61 (True Ent) says unavailable or scrambled. The channel is available on the TVs built in tuner. She wanted to record something but alas I know not how to fix this problem. Assume it is a tuning issue but not sure how to resolve. We get signal from either Wrekin or Sutton Coldfield
The True Entertainment channel changed its broadcast frequency a couple of months ago, this means you need to retune the Humax, if you don't know what frequency it is using now just go for a full Auto tune, this will not alter any other channels unless of course some changes have been made in your area. Once retuned True Entertainment will still be at 61 even though the channels broadcast frequency has changed.

Back