9200T not going fully into stand-by

Waascom

When I press the stand-by green button on the handset or press the stand-by button on the front of the recorder, it no longer goes properly into stand-by mode. It shuts down instantly, without the short delay and without the four - symbols (- - - -) on the display. The TV screen goes blank, although the fan continues to run. When bringing it out of stand-by (handset green button again) it instantly comes out, without the loader screen a4.09 and increasing yellow bar that used to appear. Switching the unit off completely (on/off switch on the rear) or re-formatting the disc, corrects the problem for a day or two, but it soon returns. Actually it's not that much of a problem, as otherwise it still works OK, but I'd like to be able to put it properly into stand-by.

Any thoughts?

When I press the stand-by green button on the handset or press the stand-by button on the front of the recorder, it no longer goes properly into stand-by mode.
The usual solution to this problem is a reset to default settings. I think in the past some people have reported that two reset to default were needed,

Belated thanks Martin. As I said in my OP, switching the unit off completely resets the standby mode correctly for a few days or a week or two before developing the fault, and I've been waiting for it to re-appear since the last OFF/ON. Not tried your suggestion yet, as SWMBO has a lot of pre-set recordings scheduled and would be a trifle annoyed if I were to erase them, but I will try it eventually. Thanks again.

Back