9300 transfers

Hello all,
My 9300t crashed in mid playback and now no record icon. (still waiting for humax to reply to email.)
I just found this forum I have followed the instructions for connecting the disc from my humax 9300t to my XP pc using the usb kit and separate power supply downloaded the front end software and humaxrw. plug in the disk usb cable and got the bleep and mass storage icon on the toolbar no extra drive shows in my computer. So ran the front end program after a short time I get the message cannot automatically find humax drive is it connected. I click the OK button and that brings up the box with all the controls to transfer etc but with nothing in no lists etc. Does this mean my hard drive is dead any help would be appreciated.

Would look like there is a problem of some kind. If the PC finds the disk then it may just be a corrupt file system. You can manually find out what drive number the humax disk is by going to 'Disk Management' - in Vista/Win 7 its in Control Panel, System and Security, Administrative Tools then run Computer Management. From there click Storage and then Disk Management and read the drive number for the disk. I don't know where it is in XP.

As noted in a previous post, a program called 'Humaxcheck' exists. Perhaps you could try running that. I've never used it so can't help with it.

Worst case is (assuming its not a broken drive), reformat the disk and lose all the data stored on it :eek:

Cheers
--
Thomas

My 9300T has stopped recording, and I need to transfer off all the recordings, reformat, then put them back on.

I've read and read on here until I'm blue in the face, but I do not understand for the life of me how the software works and how to use it. I haven't used DOS since about 1988, so it may as well be in Chinese as far as I'm concerned. Or maybe I'm simply thick.

I've downloaded the software, extracted it, but then there's nothing when I try to open it. I know I need to attach the disk to the PC via the USB/SATA cable, that bit's fine. I understand all the principles involved, but operating the software mystifies me. Everyone on here seems extremely computer literate.

Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere? If there is, I can't find it. The README. txt on the software makes no sense to me. Or could someone who may be local/reasonably local to me in London be kind enough to teach me in return for expenses paid to and from my house? Otherwise, I'm going to be floundering for ages...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Maybe you missed it, but reading back there is a Windows front-end available - see here: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/9300-transfers.166/#post-3290

Having said that, I would have thought if you have ever used DOS the skills would not be completely forgotten. I have never used humaxrw nor am I ever likely to need to, but I imagine that once you have the drive connected and opened a command window in the folder containing humaxrw.exe, all you need to do is type humaxrw to run it and then the rest should be pretty obvious.

I've definitely uploaded stuff to a 9200T that has played afterwards but I never really needed to use it so didn't bother to test it too much. I do seem to recall that I lost my file names and recording times but maybe that can be fixed, I don't know. It might be a whole lot simpler just to get the files off the Humax (if possible) and live with them being on an HDD/memory stick.

If the drive has power and plugged into the USB port then if the 'front-end' software doesn't find the drive then the drive may be corrupt. If you downloaded HumaxRW and the Front-end (to help bypass the need for DoS knowledge) then you might also try another piece of software like HummyReadFiles - and vice versa if it was HummyReadFiles that you originally tried.

If nothing reads the drive and you are sure the power and data is OK then it might be a case of accepting that the files are unrecoverable. Its been a long time since I done anything with the 9200/9300 so perhaps there is better info from others?

Cheers
--
Thomas

I've definitely uploaded stuff to a 9200T that has played afterwards but I never really needed to use it so didn't bother to test it too much.
There is a known issue with using humaxrw to put programs back on the disk (as you note it works fine with a 9200). In the past xyz321 has offered to investigate the problem if a 9300 owner will work with him.

Back