A copy of the original Humax official firmware needed.

NeilN

Hi Guys

At 8 years old now, I have got a failing HDD in one of my T2's. (CFW 3.03). So I have backed up all the recordings, and I am going to replace the HDD (with a new Seagate ST1000V002)
Going to do an RMA reset, but need the official Humax 1.03.12 firmware to complete the reset.0
The links on the wiki firmware downloads page for the official humax firmware no longer work. Does anyone have a copy of 1.03.12 official humax firmware that they could upload somewhere please?
After return to the official firmware. When the replacement HDD is installed, I can format the new HDD from the official firmware. Which eliminates all the messing around needed to format the disk with CF installed.
Will then install CFW 3.13 and Web Interface (which currently, is no longer working. I get a 500 internal server error - running webfix reports some libraries missing).
All backed up recordings were fully decrpyted so have the option to leave them on the back up disk or transfer them back.
Thanks in Advance

You are making a whole lot of unnecessary work for yourself

There is absolutely no need to go back to official firmware before formatting the new disk.
Just format the new disk with the current firmware and then re-install the webif and other packages

What "messing about" do you think you are avoiding?

Which eliminates all the messing around needed to format the disk with CF installed.
For HDDs no larger than 2TB, you can use the normal formatting process regardless of CF. The only possible hiccup is not relevant when CF has not yet been installed to the HDD (that's not the same as having the CF in Flash), see below. For an HDD larger than 2TB your options are to use only 2TB of it, or use the CF to format it GPT.

All backed up recordings were fully decrpyted so have the option to leave them on the back up disk or transfer them back.
You have those options regardless of whether the recordings have been decrypted. What decryption gives you is the option to play recordings using another HDR-FOX or other media player.

FAQ: I'm trying to reformat the hard disk, but it says it's too big

This is a side-effect of the custom firmware running in the background. The standard Humax firmware, having been instructed to reformat the HDD through the menus, finds it cannot unmount the hard drive volumes (because of CF activity), but was not programmed to expect such a thing and presents a misleading* error message. (If you want to reformat the HDD because you are having problems with sluggish operation, stutters on playback and/or live viewing, unable to record and/or time-shift, or generally poor function, and somebody has told you reformatting may solve the problem - you will end up deleting your recordings when there are CF facilities which could restore function without deleting recordings. See Quick Guide to Disk Recovery [click].)
* Unless you have used custom facilities to install a HDD larger than 2TB, in which case the drive really is too big and you should not be trying to format it through the Humax menus anyway!
The solution is to disable the custom firmware first. This is done via the Telnet menu or WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Command Line (the latter requires the webshell package installed). For details of Telnet see https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet (click).​
  1. Connect via Telnet or webshell (see above).

2. If prompted to "enter system PIN", the default is "0000" (four zeros) unless you have changed it.

3. If not presented with a menu of options, type the command "tmenu" to present the menu.

4. Type the menu option "safe".

5. Type the menu option "reboot". When asked for confirmation, type "Y". The system reboots, and displays "safe mode" on the VFD during boot-up (before the normal channel identification is displayed). NB: the system may freeze in the process of rebooting. If so, "turn it off and on again".
The HDR-FOX can now be used normally, as if there were no custom firmware installed. The HDD format menu should not complain the disk is too big.​
To restore CF functionality, access the menu by Telnet and enter the "safe" option again to re-enable CF, and reboot. Because WebIF is disabled, there is no webshell option to do this, but accessing the IP address from a web browser (as if loading WebIF) will present a minimal web page reporting the status and giving a click button to restore operation. If the HDD has been reformatted, you will then be presented with the option to re-install the custom firmware (otherwise the WebIF will just come up as normal).​
Reformatting the HDD will have erased a lot of the custom installation (as well as your recordings), but not the firmware and other elements stored in flash memory. You will not have to repeat the first stages of CF installation, you can jump in at installation step 3 (see post 2 above). You will not have to reinstate the tuning, user preferences, or the recording schedule (all of which are stored in flash, not on the HDD).​

Last edited:
It's here but, as MM said, don't bother.
Just install 1.03.12/CF 3.13, install the disk and format it with the menus in the normal way.
The missing libraries thing is easily fixed anyway - it's been reported at least twice in the recent past.

There is absolutely no need to go back to official firmware before formatting the new disk.
Just format the new disk with the current firmware and then re-install the webif and other packages

What "messing about" do you think you are avoiding?
Been a while since messing around with the T2's so just pieced together from forum threads and wiki pages so that's where the messsing about came from.
And with the missing libraries reported on my first attempt running fixweb along with the webif boot page reporting no hard disk. I some what assumed I had an HDD problem.

Thanks for your answer to the issue of HDD replacement and its first time format with CFW installed. That really does save any messing around:)

I ran Fixdisk, which did have to do some file system modification on the sda2 partition.

I've got the Web interface back up again as well

I had to force a libutil reinstall from the cli after running fixweb. And Webif came back-up.

Checking the HDD in Diagnotics shows it to be ok with no major erros. So Still getting a new HDD, infact going to order a three of them, to keep ready for when one of my three T2's need a new HDD. Also toying with the idea of re-capping the PSU's in all three T2's as well.

Thanks for the replies Guys

This forum is brilliant, as are the HDR T2's with CFW. Plan to keep mine going as long as is possible, which with this forum and you guys makes that possble.
My three T2's have been pretty much trouble free. And only one has had an HDD replacement due to failure. The other as an upgrade from a 500GB disk.

Back