Access to system files via FTP using root and 0000

martinr

I’m using CFW 3.13 and want to access the crash dump file in /mod/core/.

The Humax FTP server is turned off via the remote control menu and I’m running the Betaftpd package.

When I log in via FTP using root as the username and 0000 as the password, I see only the music, photo, and video folders and a folder (empty) called drive1. I don’t see any of the system files.

(In the CFW under Diagnostics I can access the File Editor and can see the crash dump file in /mod/core/ (and all system directories) but cannot open it or download it.)

Any idea where I’m going wrong when FTP’ing into the unit using root/0000 and failing to see all system files? I have tried various FTP apps in iOS.

I’m using CFW 3.13 and want to access the crash dump file in /mod/core/.

The Humax FTP server is turned off via the remote control menu and I’m running the Betaftpd package.
So this is a/an HDR.
When I log in via FTP using root as the username and 0000 as the password, I see only the music, photo, and video folders and a folder (empty) called drive1. I don’t see any of the system files.
Seems like you're in the /media directory. In your FTP program, you need to do the equivalent of cd .. or indeed cd /mod/core. A lot of GUI FTP programs can store account settings for each host that you access: in that case you could make / the initial remote directory for the Humax account.
HTH

So this is a/an HDR.

Seems like you're in the /media directory. In your FTP program, you need to do the equivalent of cd .. or indeed cd /mod/core. A lot of GUI FTP programs can store account settings for each host that you access: in that case you could make / the initial remote directory for the Humax account.
HTH

How stupid of me! Yes, it certainly did help!

Many thanks.

Back