Added a new package and now web address refused

imsol

I am a long time user of the custom firmware for the HDR-Fox T2. Today I installed a new package ( to delete New on series) and after that I cannot load webif interface. The message is

This site can’t be reached​

192.168.1.13 refused to connect.

I can access the site using File Manager and see the video files there. MS Telnet connects OK but PuTTy tells me the connection is refused. There does not seem to be any problem with the connection that I can see so presumably something in the Humax has been corrupted.
I have tried various CLI commands and the attached file is a text file of the responses. Where do I go next?
John

Attachments

• humax.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 10
I am a long time user of the custom firmware
I expect you're on some ancient version, rather than the latest 3.13 then? Am I right? (rhet. - I know I am when your log talks about WebIf 1.0.16)
The next step should be obvious.

I am a long time user of the custom firmware for the HDR-Fox T2. Today I installed a new package ( to delete New on series) and after that I cannot load webif interface.
To be less cryptic:

Custom firmware pre version 3 is no longer supported and hasn't been for a long time. You were OK while you didn't try to update or install anything, but as soon as you tried to mix new stuff with your old stuff it went (unsurprisingly) tits up.

I recommend you reinstall from scratch: Reinstate Corrupt CF via RMA Mode

(edited to avoid duplicating information)

Last edited:
To be less cryptic:

Custom firmware pre version 3 is no longer supported and hasn't been for a long time. You were OK while you didn't try to update or install anything, but as soon as you tried to mix new stuff with your old stuff it went (unsurprisingly) tits up.

I recommend you reinstall from scratch:
  1. Telnet >> RMA
  2. Reboot
  3. Telnet >> Clear RMA
  4. Install CF 3.13
  5. Connect to WebIF IP address and proceed with download
  6. Reboot
  7. Configure according to your requirements.
The message is clear! Thanks to both for your help. Tomorrow I shall follow that excellent advice
John

To be less cryptic:

I recommend you reinstall from scratch:
  1. Telnet >> RMA
  2. Reboot
  3. Telnet >> Clear RMA
  4. Install CF 3.13
  5. Connect to WebIF IP address and proceed with download
  6. Reboot
  7. Configure according to your requirements.
PuTTY won't connect - just a blank window though MS Telnet will but the options are different. There is an RMA for return to manufacturer but no Clear RMA option or does this appear after reboot?
Thanks from this newbie to telnet

Port number 22 is correct for a SSH connection (secure shell) and port 23 is correct for a telnet connection.

Both SSH and Telnet are terminal connection protocols, telnet is less secure. Putty wants to make an SSH connection by default but can be told to use telnet.

(Just for information)
Both SSH and Telnet are terminal connection protocols, telnet is less secure.
So why use Telnet at all? Telnet predates SSH, so is more widely supported, and SSH requires encryption so is far more resource-intensive.

IIRC PuTTY offers a tick box for "SSH" or "Telnet", so doesn't rely on the user knowing the correct port number to use.

Thanks for your help everyone. I am now upgraded to 3.13 . Only real hitch was that Chrome seems to think the download folder contains malware. Microsoft Edge obliged
Thanks again Black Hole and Dino et al
John

Back