Adjusting output volume

Graham RJ

Hi all,
Having just changed my venerable Fox T2 for the Aura I've found I can't adjust / limit its output volume over HDMI into my Denon AVR.
With the T2 I could easily turn the volume down for the PVR itself to match that of the TV or any other source, but not on the Aura. When I use the Aura remote it adjusts the volume of the Denon AVR, not that of the Aura itself.
I'm using a Logitech Harmony Elite remote, the Aura is connected via HDMI to the Denon AVR which is in turn connected via HDMI ARC to my LG telly if this makes any difference.
Ideally I'd like to match the normal listening levels so I'm not having to lower it when using the Aura and raise it when watching TV, Blu-ray etc.
If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it if you could lend a hand.

Regards.

My car audio, for example, has presets for the various audio sources to balance their input levels. It seems to me the only option you have is to look for individual presets for each source (HDMI socket or whatever).

the AVR stays on the same input as TV
Do you mean you are passing the HDMI audio via the TV and using the TV as the input selector? Seems reasonable, but unless the TV (which might also have source compensation) modifies the HDMI audio on the way through I guess you're stuck with it.

I think that may be the case Black Hole ?
I was sure all sources went thru the AVR, but it may be the old TV I had as it didn't have ARC HDMI. I'm probably confusing the old setup so will need to double check.
Thanks for the insights guys, it given me something to go on 👍

Hi all,
Having just changed my venerable Fox T2 for the Aura I've found I can't adjust / limit its output volume over HDMI into my Denon AVR.
With the T2 I could easily turn the volume down for the PVR itself to match that of the TV or any other source, but not on the Aura. When I use the Aura remote it adjusts the volume of the Denon AVR, not that of the Aura itself.
I'm using a Logitech Harmony Elite remote, the Aura is connected via HDMI to the Denon AVR which is in turn connected via HDMI ARC to my LG telly if this makes any difference.
Ideally I'd like to match the normal listening levels so I'm not having to lower it when using the Aura and raise it when watching TV, Blu-ray etc.

Regards.
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for?
Volume Control Mode
You can change the volume control mode between the box and TV. The volume buttons work for the device. We recommend you use the remote control in TV volume control mode for a compatibility with connected devices. In TV volume control mode, the box volume is set to maximum level. 1. Direct the remote control to your box. 2. Press the OK and RED buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. Each time you press both buttons, volume control mode changes.

Hi all,

Regards.
Sorry to (slightly ) hijack this thread but how did you manage to get the Aura RC to operate the Denon volume? I tried various codes with no success

Thanks

Back