ALERT!!! Dr Who in Binaural Audio

But what would be the point of vr audio of a dr who episode?
IMO (not having tried it yet), to be truly convincing, the sound field needs to remain fixed in space even if you turn your head. 5.1 probably wins from that point of view.

Do you stare intently at the screen for an entire programme then? Do you have no inclination to turn your head to see what's making that noise off to your left (or whatever)? If not, the binaural audio hasn't achieved the desired effect.

Do you stare intently at the screen for an entire programme then? Do you have no inclination to turn your head to see what's making that noise off to your left (or whatever)? If not, the binaural audio hasn't achieved the desired effect.
Quite. I imagine that like current 3D TV the alleged benefits don't really compensate for the trouble and expense in a domestic environment.
Ain't it strange how we've gone from being well entertained by silent monochrome movies to the latest "no imagination required" (and intelligence a positive hindrance) blockbusters, but the trend is now to watching stuff on a 6" screen with tiny speakers while having a conversation with your mates. Meh!

I don't need to turn my head. I know I will not see anything.

And yes, I do watch a good video intently, unlike the youngsters who get bored or start chatting to friends on their mobiles.

Oh, and most tablet screens at 12" distance look bigger than a tv across the room, would you agree?

Back