[fixed] ALERT! Important For Beta Participants - All CF Users Please Read

Oh <your choice of deity here>. I think I'll take some paracetamol or ibuprofen instead.

Oh <your choice of deity here>. I think I'll take some paracetamol or ibuprofen instead.
You can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together for serious pain. (I'm not making this up - see https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/medicines/can-i-take-paracetamol-and-ibuprofen-together/)
But the "/" prefix indicates negate, so I take it Trev doesn't want one.
That's confusing to someone (me) with a VAX/VMS (OpenVMS) background. /aspirin tagged onto a command would indicate you'd want it, /noaspirin would negate it. :confused:

That's confusing to someone (me) with a VAX/VMS (OpenVMS) background. /aspirin tagged onto a command would indicate you'd want it, /noaspirin would negate it. :confused:
I acknowledge that, but for somebody with a hardware background the use of "/" or "-" prefixes to indicate an option setting to the command parser conveys the exact opposite of what is intended! We (hardware) used to write a signal name with a bar over it (like underline but above), but when word processing and CAD came in the overbar wasn't supported so we adopted the prefix.

Thus: ACK = Acknowledge, active when high or logic 1, whereas /ACK is active when low or logic 0.

So, -aspirin = don't take the pills! To me, it would make much more sense to indicate an option setting with "+".

[a] We (hardware) used to write a signal name with a bar over it (like underline but above), [b] but when word processing and CAD came in the overbar wasn't supported so we adopted the prefix.
[a] I remember that from my undergraduate electronics course! (Senility hasn't got me - yet).
[b]New one to me.

I've pushed an updated ir package to the beta repository, version 1.21.
This fixes the crash that some people saw with 1.20 when they had no macros in their map file, and resolves this problem too!

Back