Alexa > IR Blaster > HDR Fox T2, help sought.

makem

I have Alexa (named Echo) and tomorrow will have a Harmony IR Blaster which will be controlled by 'Echo'.

I have a Panasonic Smart TV, two Fox T2's a Sharp sound bar and one always on Raspberry Pi, all of which I will /hope to control via Echo.

I don't have a manual for the blaster yet but it will need codes to enable it to control the equipment. Can anyone point me to a source for the Fox T2 code/codes please?

I did use the IR package with an Android phone but that was for webif.

As I have two Fox T2's, I am assuming/hoping there will be alternative codes to differentiate between the boxes.

Already I find the provided sound bar remote turns off the TV! So I am going to have fun and games this weekend lol.

EDIT: Hold this request. I have found a manual online which appears to relate to the blaster on order. Setting it up for various equipment requires manufacturers name and model so it appears the blaster will find the relevant codes. I am not sure about the Fox T2 duplication but can solve that later with Logitech if necessary.

Last edited:

Thank you.

I had read about changing modes and I think I will only need modes 1 and 2. However those modes are selected from the remote so I am assuming if I change one box to mode 2 the harmony will use a different code for that box. If not phone Logitech but as usual the need usually arises out office hours. But, I am jumping the gun, it may all go well easily as I will have the assistance of a younger head (which/who?), is already involved in IT.

When changing mode is it the remote which changes or the humax? If it is the remote? Jumping the gun again lol.

Easy: change the mode of one of the remotes and then teach the hub :)

I wonder if anybody on the forum has an Alexa, Harmony combination.

We need a Humax, Alexa, Harmony thread :)

Yes, I do, but it's sh@t so don't use it.

I have a Harmony Elite and Hub. The ONLY thing I use it for is to remotely turn on my Humax HDRs if away from home and SWMBO asks me to set a programme to record that does not fall into the usual 'timed wake' schedule of the boxes, thus Remote Schedualing would not work. Once awake I VPN into my network and access the WebUI and set the timer from there.

As for Alexa, I have linked the Harmony system with 'it', but only because I could, not because I had a use for it.

Yes, I do, but it's sh@t so don't use it.

I have a Harmony Elite and Hub. The ONLY thing I use it for is to remotely turn on my Humax HDRs if away from home and SWMBO asks me to set a programme to record that does not fall into the usual 'timed wake' schedule of the boxes, thus Remote Schedualing would not work. Once awake I VPN into my network and access the WebUI and set the timer from there.

As for Alexa, I have linked the Harmony system with 'it', but only because I could, not because I had a use for it.

Yes, after just 2 days I am also disappointed with it. Turning on and off the TV and Humaxes is all I have achieved so far. Changing channels and navigating them is not practicable in my case.

I was hoping that some expert user here had been able to have real control.

I intend to explore for another couple of days but I will in all likelihood return it for a refund.

Well, after speaking to Harmony I now know that it will only turn things on and off via Alexa. Maybe volume and other odds and ends but it is not yet possible to access the commands that can be accessed via the remote or their app. Plans to enable this are unknown so my hub will go back today.

You have been told wrong, well a little anyway. I can change channels, go straight to a specific channel, or simply say channel up or down.

I do also have working with two HDRs both co-located under the TV, remote modes one and two.

Last edited:
You have been told wrong, well a little anyway. I can change channels, go straight to a specific channel, or simply say channel up or down.

I do also have working with two HDRs both co-located under the TV, remote modes one and two.

When I said, "Maybe volume and other odds and ends" I should have been more succinct. Yes, I can also do those too but without access to the guide, for me they are useless.

I also could control two boxes using modes 1 and 2 and was looking forward to using all the commands listed.

Have you heard of the 'Follow-Up' facility? An ability to issue a string of commands? I am wondering if, when the 3rd generation dot is released next month, if they will upgrade the software in the UK to include that. If it was available in the UK then maybe you COULD make a case for the hub as it could be feasible to navigate using Alexa. Could be fun too, like the old TV game of shooting an arrow blind from instructions given.

The hub is boxed and ready to go for a full refund including postage.

Last edited:
Back