Any ideas what the broadcasters have changed in the HD Coronation Street EPG data?

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are ongoing issues with the Aura failing to record the HD version Of Coronation Street; I am also seeing issues with the FVP-5000T consistently starting the SD version about 5 minutes late. It is reported over at MyHumax.org that the HDR-FOX T2 is happily recording the HD version. Does anybody have any ideas what the broadcasters have changed in the HD Coronation Street EPG data? Can it be inspected via the custom firmware?

I believe the EIT data remains in the TS file, and is what gets stripped out by the squash operation (HDR-FOX CF). To inspect it, all you need is a raw recording (decrypted, of course).

I'm glad to hear that it's not me and this is the first reference I've seen about this issue. I've tried various things with the Aura to no avail and I've now set a series record of Corrie HD on my FVP-5000T in the hope that this will be a backup but I see that there may also be issues with this model as well? I've got a couple of FOX-T2's in the equipment rack which have remained unpowered for the last few years but I'm lacking in time to get these back up running at the moment. As far as I can tell all other series records are working okay. I'll be viewing this thread with much interest.......

all you need is a raw recording
...and something capable of decoding it. There is no CF utility for that (so far as I know).

It's difficult to see what could affect CorrieHD in particular but not other programmes, and not HDR-FOX. The only thing one might suspect is the programme ID, which should affect anything recording by AR.

There are several reports that the Monday Coronation Street recorded properly so hopefully whatever the problem was it has now been fixed.

Hopefully fixed but possibly not.

The series CRID from Crystal Palace (London) and Sudbury (Anglia) on Coronation Street ITV HD are different. It could be that being different per se isn't always the issue but ITV could have changed the series CRID as part of preparation for further freeview regionalisation. Either way a manual retune using just 1 transmitter's numbers followed by setting up the schedule afresh would likely help.
Even if there does not appear to be duplicates (e.g. duplicates in the epg) that does not mean that there is not surplus details recorded in the database that under the right circumstances could trigger a failure.

I've compared a few of the other series on ITV HD from the two regions (London and Anglia). Some of them have the same series CRID from both transmitters, and some of them are similar to Coronation Street with different series CRIDs to each other for the same HD programme.
Unfortunately I can't do much experimenting as (1) I don't own an Aura (2) I can't tune to both transmitters at the same time any more even if my current boxes allowed that.

Back