Anyway to control the usb port

Robti

Hi I thought I had this figured out, I was using the usb to power a fan and it seemed to work ok, switch box on fan starts, switch box off fan stops,till I came in tonight and fan is running and the box is off, then I work out a recording is in progress so usb must be powered on during a recording, so anyway to have it only come on when the box is on ?
Thanks

No

Anyway, the unit is on when it is recording (even if it isn't outputting video), so why wouldn't it need the fan?

Why aren't you using the internal fan?

First thing, thanks for taking the time to reply, I was using the fan to circulate some air inside an av unit, will keep as is till I have the chance to alter my unit

But it seems probable that the HDR is inside the unit and therefore at least part of the heat load ...
Insufficient data ...
Ah, of course! I took "AV unit" to be an AV amp, but googling comes up with almost exclusively AV cabinets.

Sorry I have an av cabinet that houses my equipment and at the moment I open the door for the heat and so I connected an old 4” pc fan and reduced its voltage down to 5v just to provide a gentle air flow while the humax and amp are on.
I am eventually going down a temperature controlled solution later this year when moving the av and furniture about, sorry should have explained it better

Back