Aura and HDR-FOX T2 Setup.

What BH is saying is that HDMI is not a one directional connection. At a minimum the content protection (for HD) requires negotiation between source and display, so a splitter has to account for that ... somehow. It can't just throw duplicates out willy-nilly unless it's only dealing with standard definition (ie. no HDCP).
ok thanks. I hope it works fine.

Pardon? :o_O:. I won't pretend to understand most of what you said.
Try reading it very carefully, and any terms you do not understand are explained in the glossary linked in my footer. If you can't be bothered I can't help.

All I know, or think I know is you give the splitter a source and a 5V supply and you then get 2 identical outputs to plug into projectors, monitors or tv's etc.
Nope. Two identical outputs cannot necessarily be interpreted by the different displays - what if one can do HiDef but the other can't? HDMI is only plug'n'play with one output feeding one input.

At a minimum the content protection (for HD) requires negotiation between source and display
HDR-FOX will not output any HDMI without having negotiated HDCP, regardless of that being StDef. The only way to get StDef out of it without HDCP is by SCART/RCA. There's no reason to expect an Aura to be any different.

I managed to find the time to fit the replacement splitter and all works as planned, we can see same output in living room and kitchen at same time from the Aura or the HDR-Fox. That keeps my wife happy.
Wait till she starts to use the Aura and remote, slightly different layout and use. But she will get used to it while we phase out the HDR-Fox.

So once again thanks for all the info and help.

Back