Aura favourites glitch

MikeSh

SWMBO wanted a film on Legend, channel 41, recording but when I went to set it up it wasn't in the favourites list in the guide. So I worked my way over to the settings menu and into the favourites management to add it.
But when I got the Add listing up Legend, ch41, wasn't there. So I checked all through the favourites 1 list again to make sure I hadn't missed anything and also went to the TV to see if it was there in case the broadcast wasn't working or something - it was in the TV guide OK.
Then I went back to the Aura favourites 1 settings - 41 still not available to add. For some reason I then selected favourites 2, which is empty and pulled up the Add function for that and, lo, there was ch41 Legend. Went back into favourites 1 and try add again - still no 41. WTF?
So I deleted all the entries in favourites 1, backed out of the page, went back into add for favourites 1 and ch41 was then available to select.
I have no idea at all of an explanation for this. (Apart from the usual 'database corruption' label which can explain almost anything without actually explaining anything.)

Perhaps the Aura thought 41 was already in the Fav1 list. Are you sure it hadn't just dropped off the bottom of the screen?

Are you sure it hadn't just dropped off the bottom of the screen?
As I said, I went back and checked again. There were less than 30 entries, so it wasn't a lot to check ... but I'm not a robot so it's not impossible I missed it.

Not much help but it still shows fine in my fav1 list.
I don't think it was ever in that list. I did google Legend to see if anything had happened to it (nada) and noticed it used to be Horror or something. So I looked to see if anything Horror was in there but there wasn't, or any other 41 entry.

Given the Horror thing I do wonder if that change had confused Humax's software. As I don't think the box had been retuned in a couple of years I did do an autoscan later on. Pleasantly surprised to find recording schedule and favourites were intact afterward.

@MikeSh IIRC my Aura made that name change without issue after it's regular update scan. Yes leaving your lists intact after a channel scan is my favourite feature on an Aura.

Back