Aura has been updated.

trog

I checked my Aura this morning and see that there has been an update, I am not sure if this is just to fix the ITV-SD issue that others had or if it also fixes the COM5 freeze and black screen problems. I viewed a couple of COM5 channels without issue but that can be the case during the day and further testing this evening will give a more certain conclusion. My Aura is now on 1.00_65_241003.

My Aura is now on 1.00_65_241003
Mine seems to have updated silently to that version. Probably happened whilst I was faffing about doing the EPG shuffle rescan etc (Did a Freeview reset to ensure all the rubbish was deleted first, followed by a manual channel search...and re-entering all the schedules)

The problem with the Humax Aura 'updates', is that these updates apparently apply to the 'apps' only - not the base firmware - which remains resolutely stuck on version 00.09.21.
The user is reliant upon a good internet connection, and Humax continuing to transmit these app updates.

Suppose you do a 'Factory Reset'? You'll be punted back to 2021 firmware and 2021 app ware, which will cause numerous problems. I noticed that the 2021 Freeview app versions had problems tuning into the local multiplex. And ITVBe was not available to view. There was also a problem with tuning into the HD multiplex... frequently a blank screen would result.

Consider the 'apps' to be the icing on the cake - and the base firmware is the cake itself - then all Humax are doing is periodically re-icing a very stale cake.

They should be burning the latest functional apps into the base firmware, so that a 'Factory Reset' results in a properly usable baseline state.

Back