Aura programme app (Android)

MikeSh

I've been using this to do basic scheduling as it saves having to turn on and sit in front of the TV. It's quite useful.
There are two things (so far) that annoy me though. I can't find fixes but if anyone has info please tell.

One is that the recording list is only in standard format - all channels in numeric order - and there seems to be no way to get it to use the favourites list that is programmed on the box. This means the HD channels are pages down and this hard to get to - not great for a "UHD" box. I've scheduled SD by mistake a couple of times.

The other is that once a recording or series is set you can't cancel it from the app. I have to start the TV and do it the old-fashioned way.

The App is very basic. I too would love to be able to edit the channel list and get rid of all the crud.

It would be good to be able to delete recordings and timers too.

I’ve stopped using it now as I often get duplicate timers when I set from the App…. It needs serious updating to make it worthwhile using.

There seems to be a bug in here.
When I use the app to schedule a series record it duplicates the entry. The first time it happened I let it run and it did actually record two copies of the programme. I'm not sure yet if if happens every time but I've just set another two series up and it's duplicated both, so I'll have to use the TV interface to delete the extras.
Single recordings seem to be OK.

Known bug?

Just a bit of an update as I gave up on the app for a year or so but have recently been using it again.
One is that the recording list is only in standard format - all channels in numeric order - and there seems to be no way to get it to use the favourites list that is programmed on the box. This means the HD channels are pages down
I don't know if this is a new feature but I recently found you can edit the guide to remove channels. You still can't reorder them AFAIK. I've deleted all the junk programmes we never use and the list is now short enough that a single swipe up gets to the 100s section.

When I use the app to schedule a series record it duplicates the entry.
It still does this, which severely limits it's usefulness.

When I use the app to schedule a series record it duplicates the entry.
I would need to double check the following, but:
When I got a duplicated entry it was because I'd already set the series record via the remote. Then, possibly because I hadn't let all the information arrive from the Aura to the app, I managed to set it again from the app - because I'd forgotten that I'd already set it. (Eh?)

I'd already set the series record via the remote.
Not here. This morning was a new series SWMBO asked for, so I set it on the app. When I checked the schedule, still on the app, there were two entries. Had to turn on the box and TV to delete the extra.
I must remember not to use the app for series :rolleyes:

Back