Aura rebooting itself pretty much every day

Has anyone experienced this? I thought it might be an app glitch (we watch alot of stuff using Kodi), but the Aura will often reboot when we're simply watching live TV.
Has anyone else had this problem? It's pretty annoying as quite a few scheduled recordings have failed because of this.

Used to have the Aura reboot every day, usually overnight or first thing. Don't think I've had it reboot when just watching live tv. Maybe when a recording started. Occasional reboot when VLC gets it's underwear in a tangle. Never used Kodi, so I don't know if it's a common problem.

Yes my Aura does the same, sometimes several times a day and quite often daily.

Does yours go for a soft power down and power up where it only loses picture for a matter of seconds,
when mine does this any recordings taking place carry on recording even though the LED has turned blue.

Or does your go for a full power down and full power up with the Humax logo followed by
the Android start up screen followed by the white rotating circle for a few minutes and then goes to live TV.
Any recordings taking place whilst it does this will have been interrupted but after coming back on the recordings should start again.
In the recordings list you will see the broken recording sign, but it should play normally (until the point when the Aura decided to restart)
but will immediately start the second recording performed after the restart, so you will miss a couple of minutes.

When the Aura decides it is having a bad day and has powered down a few times and I get annoyed I hold the power button down for a few seconds
and then press OK on the power off splash screen. I then leave the Aura alone for over ten minutes (the LED should be completely off, if no recordings
are taking place of course) and then power up, this usually sorts the Aura out for a couple of days or more.

Other things you could try are a Freeview reset, which can be accessed under Freeview Play Preferences in Settings.
Or if the Aura is being particularly cantankerous do a Factory Reset.

Be aware of what will happen when you attempt either or both of the resets, prepare yourself beforehand.

Not sure why it does this, just the magic of owning an Aura.
I have often thought of taking the cover off and seeing if it full of dust which may be causing it to over heat.
But haven't done so.

My Aura is now over three years old, what age is yours.

I haven't noticed any soft power-downs, but will keep an eye out for it. My resets are full cold restarts, with the Humax logo being displayed.
The last time a recording was interrupted (on Friday night) it failed to record the remainder of the programme after the restart. There was a 2nd recording in the list but it was unplayable.
I do Freeview resets from time to time, when a particular app (or live TV) is playing up.
The machine is less than 18 months old.

Where did you buy your Aura, some places like John Lewis were offering automatic 2 year warranties.
If however you had bought the Aura from other resellers offering only 1 year warranties you could have
registered your Aura with Humax and gained a 2 year warranty.
If you do have 2 year warranty are you brave enough to send it back.

Where did you buy your Aura, some places like John Lewis were offering automatic 2 year warranties.
If however you had bought the Aura from other resellers offering only 1 year warranties you could have
registered your Aura with Humax and gained a 2 year warranty.
If you do have 2 year warranty are you brave enough to send it back.
I bought it direct from Humax. I might contact them and see what they say

Back