Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

Hi, does anyone know if Now TV will be available on this box? Would be great if it is as I'll finally have a one box solution.

If we can get access to decrypted recordings off the box then ad-detection and cropping could be done remotely and then copied back
As the 1800T/2000T is locked down more than the FOX, and the 4000T/5000T is locked down even more than that, what makes you think Humax will allow this type of access? On the 5000T you can get decrypted StdDef recordings off the box (HiDef - I've managed to do it but it's a faff) , but you can't return the edited recordings to the box in the usual place. (Actually, you could - another faff - but without a valid .hjm file it won't work and I can't make sense of the .hjm files). What's the betting Humax will have made this more difficult - or even impossible.

Snapshot of the recordings menu

Aura Recordings Menu.jpg
And as some members on other sites are having difficulty finding the equivalent EPG snapshot ...

Aura EPG.jpg

2020-10-24_14.30.01.jpg

To what I wonder?

Also Monday 22nd. April (2019) seems a long time ago for this new product

Last edited:
Lets hope that they have given more thought to its design than in their choice of name.
From the review it would appear the American version is sold without internal hard drive, but with a silly indoor aerial and uses Kodi as its principal media interface.

From the review it would appear the American version is sold without internal hard drive, but with a silly indoor aerial and uses Kodi as its principal media interface.
Obviously, that version is nothing to do with the Humax Aura.

From the photos it doesn't look as though there is an option to move recordings into a "keep' area which is a shame as I know the Manhattan T3-R has that feature. I nearly pulled the trigger on one of those until I read about the Aura as I was willing to sacrifice the 3rd tuner for a machine that had a much speedier interface.

Looks like a good machine and good to see they are using the coloured Kays again.

Thought about putting in a pre-order, but I think I will wait for hands-on reviews before I do that.

Last edited:
Back