auto-decrypt failed with Persistent Pending Notifications

BJD

Hi all.

I now have two HDR-FoxT2 units and recently did a factory restore before updating all the CF on both machines....however, they have both started behaving strangely (and in the same way) as they are reporting failed decryption even though the files are clearly decrypted (see screen shot)
upload_2015-5-24_10-39-16.png
I did a search and couldn't find any incidents of the same nature (although some were similar).

It also seems there are regular points within my recordings (during playback) where the picture stutters and becomes scrambled momenterily (this seems to happen about every 10 or 15 mins) which is quite frustrating.

Not sure if the two above things are related?

As always, any guidance from the excellent knowledgebase would be most appreciated, cheers, Brian

Last edited:
PS - I tried to change the title (from 'ersistent' to 'persistent' :oops:) but it didn't seem to allow me to?......if anyone can do it for me please to save my embarrassment :confused:

they are reporting failed decryption even though the files are clearly decrypted
Have you proved the files are decrypted by copying them off the Humax and playing them?, It could be that the green 'DEC' Icon is being displayed in error

Thanks guys....not tried to copy and play off the box yet so will do so now to eliminate

Try running the 'fixencflags' diagnostic: you can do this in Web-If>Diagnostics. This function had been built into auto-unprotect, but with recent updates to recmon it is possible that a bug has crept in. If it is confirmed that the recording has a false 'Dec' flag (the diagnostic should fix this in your file) I'm sure that af123 will be able to identify and fix the bug when he has time.

Thank you to whoever changed the title for me :)....OK I have done a couple of things. The files in question do play on a PC and they also play fine on the box. I have now acknowledged the warning and ran 'fixencflags' in diagnostics as suggested by MontysEvilTwin (did this after trying the file....not before).....I will now monitor the situation as this seems to usually happen overnight and I only seem to have those system warnings after a period of inactivity i.e. overnight. Any ideas about the stuttering and scrambling during video playback? That's a little worrying! Am I able to attach a short video sample here?..... In the meantime a big thank you to all for the support so far. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen the "pending notifications" box - this time, but I've just come on here because of a similar "problem" to the OP, in that new HD recordings (by that I mean, since I upgraded to the current CF a few days ago) in the web-if media browser have the brown Enc flag, noting for information that Film4+1 recordings (in .mp4 but not HD) that flag is absent.
Also for information, that is for HD recordings in the My Videos folder AND for those in newly created series folders, but NOT those in pre-existing series folders.

Edit.. So I've just gone up a folder (to show the three media folders) and on My Videos, selected OPT+; Enable recursive AutoDecrypt, and will see if that has any effect.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of occasions (when the Human was 'busy') that the ENC flag was not removed after the recording was completed, however the ENC flag is always removed later following an 'on, standby, on' cycle

Hello guys. OK, firstly some good news...no warning sign this morning so (hopefully) that particular issue has been resolved. I will monitor and report any reoccurrence. Regarding the comment by Black Hole (thank you by the way) I have read through the Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click) and it looks as though I would need to use telnet commands to do this (unless I have misunderstood something?).....unfortunately I have never familiarised myself with this tool and would like to ask if there is way of checking (and repairing if necessary) the HDD using a more simple procedure that non-experts like myself can use? I did run the HD analysis utility in Webif diagnostics page (for both of my devices) and the results are attached.
As always, I am very grateful for any help, guidance or advice from the clever members in this community :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Humax Disc data.pdf
    158 KB · Views: 6
I was also getting "error 404" when trying to Diag>Reboot PVR, tried the same in iexplorer (normally use Chrome, have now cleared Chrome's cache), once I got past that and the HDR was rebooted, the Enc issue seems resolved.

would like to ask if there is way of checking (and repairing if necessary) the HDD using a more simple procedure that non-experts like myself can use?
'Fraid not, but really it's no problem - just follow the instructions. What you must understand is that the disk needs to be taken off-line, therefore the recovery tools have to use facilities that do not need the disk to run.

Quick update - All seemingly OK regards auto-decrypt as no further errors :) but I have been trying now for 4 or 5 days to complete the fix-disk, on the advice of Ezra Pound (as I hope that will improve the annoying video glitches), but it is proving just about impossible, I can get into maintenance mode no problem using telnet and can find the option to fix-disk but every time I chose that option if goes so far and just stops (I have left if for over 48 hours) ....not able to say right now exactly what it says when it stalls but will update next chance I get. Any pointers to get the disk repair to complete would be very welcome. Thanks guys.

As mentioned, here is the summary from telnet showing the point at where fixdisk hangs:

Code:
Menu version 1.13
Enter system PIN: ****
  /---------------------------------------------\
  |  M A I N T E N A N C E  M O D E  M E N U  |
  \---------------------------------------------/
  [ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax2) 1.03.12/3.03 ]
  1 - Check and repair hard disk (fix-disk).
  2 - Run short hard-disk self test.
  3 - Run long hard-disk self test.
  4 - Check self-test progress.
  epg - Clear persistent EPG data.
dlna - Reset DLNA server database.
  x - Leave maintenance mode (Humax will restart).
diag - Run a diagnostic.
  cli - System command line (advanced users).
Please select option: 1
Any additional options (or press return for none):
Are you sure you wish to run the hard disk checker? [Y/N] y
Running /bin/fix-disk
Custom firmware version 3.03

Checking disk sda
Unmounted /dev/sda1
Unmounted /dev/sda2
Unmounted /dev/sda3
Running short disk self test
No pending sectors found - skipping sector repair
Using superblock 0 on sda1
Using superblock 0 on sda2
Using superblock 0 on sda3

Checking partition /dev/sda3...
e2fsck 1.42.10 (18-May-2014)
Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
hmx_int_stor: 15/655776 files (0.0% non-contiguous), 800455/2622611 blocks
Checking partition /dev/sda1...
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
hmx_int_stor: 15/65808 files (6.7% non-contiguous), 15406/263062 blocks
Checking partition /dev/sda2...
Running additional passes to resolve blocks claimed by more than one inode...
Pass 1B: Rescanning for multiply-claimed blocks
Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 7: 104 119
Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 7315460: 33966929
Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 7315461: 33983249
Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 47202453: 104 104 30586 104 30586 104 30617 104 30617 104 104 31119 104 31119 104 104 104 31276 104 31276 104 104 37814711 104 104 104 16777231 31331 119 104 33966929 31331 104 33983249 104 31460 104 31460 104 104 104
Pass 1C: Scanning directories for inodes with multiply-claimed blocks
Pass 1D: Reconciling multiply-claimed blocks
(There are 3 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks.)
File /Tsr/0.ts (inode #7315460, mod time Thu May 28 16:36:36 2015)
  has 1 multiply-claimed block(s), shared with 1 file(s):
  ... (inode #47202453, mod time Mon Aug 11 19:30:56 2014)
Clone multiply-claimed blocks? yes

Last edited:
Oops....it seems I have done something wrong, sorry. I value the help from this forum and will always respect the rules. Thank you for your comment Black Hole.....please bear in mind I'm just a regular guy and certainly no expert....in fact I only used telnet for the first time last week. I didn’t fully understand what you wrote.....I did read the link and it's still really not clear for me (forgive me).....I think I should be using a different protocol other than copy/paste but would appreciate a quick explanation in layman’s terms. I also don’t know what WYSIWYG mode means?

Last edited:
WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get - ie a normal modern editor rather than a code editor. You will see the relevant tool in the tool bar above your posting window, 17th from the left.

If you now go back and edit your post 16, and add "[code]" at the beginning of the terminal dump section and "[/code]" at the end, you will find it all formats nicely when saved, and those interested in reading the dump can scroll through it without everyone else having to. For an example, see HERE (click).

It's a nicety. You've not done something wrong, it's just that you lack the knowledge and I'm trying to inform you.

See also HERE (click).

I would suggest restarting the system and getting back into maintenance mode and then running the enable_tsr diagnostic from the maintenance mode menu (enter 'diag' at the menu and then 'enable_tsr' when asked which diagnostic). After that, try fix-disk again.

Back