Auto Log Backup Oddity

Thanks, I shall monitor... but this is a typical example of it being easier to prove it doesn't work than that it does.

No sign of any truncated logs, but as you seem to have fixed the retention count so it doesn't only work on reboot I don't have a large sample.

No sign of any truncated logs, but as you seem to have fixed the retention count so it doesn't only work on reboot I don't have a large sample.
I have size set at 100Kb and auto.log seems to be rotating at twice that size, other logs are rotating correctly at just above 100K

I will reduce logging from "debugging" and increase target size to 256kb so they dont need to rotate so frequently and see if that makes a difference
1689373365644.png

I have size set at 100Kb and auto.log seems to be rotating at twice that size
I've run an overnight test and mine are all 518KiB.
The log rotation only happens at the start of each scan/deq/whatever process, so if you're generating more than the maximum log during the run, then it will carry on growing until the end. Then the next one will rotate it and start a new log.
It's obviously dependent on how much stuff you have on the disk and what your log level is set to as to how much data is generated per run.

Back