Auto Tune in Humax Fox2 today.

HHGTTG

I turned on my Humax today from standby only to find it had self-tuned itself which is the first time ever it has done this in over 9 years. Consequently all programmes set to record, had been lost.
Can anyone explain this although I sort of knew something was going to happen today with Freeview tuning but in the past I have always had to do a manual tune in order to update the channels.

Enforced retunes only occur for major events; twiddling with LCNs for minor services is not considered a major event. In this case, the major event is the regionalisation of the BBC ONE HD service, and events of this nature are announced in the Freeview section of this forum.

We in Custom-Firmware-land are able to prevent enforced retunes, obviate the need for retunes, and when an automatic (or manual) retune does occur we have the facility to restore the recording schedule.

The previous enforced retune was at the start of the 2012 Olympics, there wasn't even one at the end to put everything back afterwards (which screwed things for me as I was away from home). I'm amazed the broadcasters have done one for this, they seem to assume all boxes can auto update for changes now.

Back