Auto-unprotect on the HD-FOX

MontysEvilTwin

I have a HD-FOX (1.03.02/ CFW 3.03) running auto-unprotect (2.0.0) but it only works when I reinstall the package (start-up scan presumably): when a recording completes it is left with the 'Enc' flag. It is fine on my HDR-FOX units. I have been tinkering on the HD-FOX, so I could have messed something up in the process. I have tried uninstalling/ rebooting then installing/ rebooting, but still no joy.

recmon doesn't work because it can't find "/media/My Video".
If you symlink it, it appears to work:
Code:
humax# ln -s /media/drive1/Video "/media/My Video"
humax# /mod/etc/init.d/S54recmon start

Last edited:
I can't get that to work:
Code:
HDFox# ln -s /media/drive1/Video "/media/My Video/"
ln: /media/My Video/: No such file or directory
Did the update to version 2.0.0 break the link to recmon?

Just as background, I remind everybody that af123 recently re-wrote auto-unprotect to replace and be able to develop xyz321's original. This is undoubtedly a bug which has crept in as a result of the re-write, and not something which has been present but gone unnoticed all this time.

If you copy the attached file into '/mod/etc/init.d' (after deleting the '.txt' extension), then use Telnet to make the script executable:
Code:
chmod 755 /mod/etc/init.d/S50auto-unprotect-symlink
auto-unprotect will work on the HD-FOX even after a reboot. The script recreates the symlink suggested by prpr in post #2 after each boot. I numbered the file so that the script runs just before recmon starts.

Attachments

• S50auto-unprotect-symlink.txt
    55 bytes · Views: 5
Back