Auto Update ?

Andybrody

Hi All
Does the FVP-500T do any form of auto update in the early hours.
The reason for the question is my sister inlaw who lives 200 miles away
has found her 14 year old Samsung TV has switched itself on in the night
rely spooking her out (she recently widowed and on lock down).
I was wondering if the the FVP switched on for auto updates whether the TV may also switch on as well
but not off again.
Thanks for looking Andy

My 5000T does seem to switch itself on in the early hours but I can't work out why or stop it.
Having said that, it usually switches itself off again as well.
If the TV comes on as well I believe it is usually down to the HDMI-CEC setting on the Humax. Although I would have thought if the Humax switches off the TV would as well. Perhaps somebody who knows about that might be able to help.

My 5000T does seem to switch itself on in the early hours but I can't work out why or stop it.
Having said that, it usually switches itself off again as well.
If the TV comes on as well I believe it is usually down to the HDMI-CEC setting on the Humax. Although I would have thought if the Humax switches off the TV would as well. Perhaps somebody who knows about that might be able to help.

Humax boxes commonly wake from sby overnight to carry out housekeeping routines. And you are correct about cec waking up the TV. You can fix this by fitting this adaptor at either end of the boxes hdmi cable.

I'd have hoped turning it off on the Humax might have done the job. My TV doesn't support CEC so I can't check it.

Back