'AutoFoxy'

ChrisW

Hi,

I've got a HDR-1800T which I recently connected to my home network. Having read about the 'Foxy' process on these forums, I was initally using that to be able to watch HD recordings on other TVs around the house. However, I ended up writing a small Windows utility to automate the process - a sort of 'AutoFoxy'. I thought I'd share it here in case it's of use to anyone else.

There's a screenshot attached to give you the idea. But essentially, it takes care of all the FTP-ing and modifying of the .hmt files. You just connect to your Humax from the app, choose which recordings to 'Foxy' and they'll all be done at once.

I'm aware this probably isn't the first program or script to automate the Foxy procedure (and it's probably several years too late!) but it may be useful to someone.

Download available here:

Chris

AutoFoxyScrn.png

it requires an older version of Windows than I’m currently using
Eh? Usually it's the other way round. Can you be more specific?

Edit: IIRC you're using XP and this requires at least 7, so it requires "...a newer version of...".

Last edited:

Edit: IIRC you're using XP and this requires at least 7, so it requires "...a newer version of...".

For the avoidance of doubt, AutoFoxy just requires Win7 as a minimum. It should work on that and all subsequent Windows versions.

Ok so I got it wrong. We all make mistakes or forget to check our working. My finger is typing faster than my brain can keep up with. (Only one finger on iPhone. Would be worse on PC as I can type reasonably quickly and don’t suffer from autocorrect)

Back