AV2HDR-T2 HMT file error

When I download an existing HMT file from my Humax HDR-FOX-T2 and try to edit it with AV2HDR fom Raydon I get an error stating that the HMT file header is too short / corrupt HMT file.

If I create a new hmt file using AV2HDR remux option and upload the new .hmt, .nts and .ts files to the Humax then the video file does not show in the list, it is there because Filezilla can see it, but is invisible on the Humax.

If I delete the new hmt file created by AV2HDR then I can see it again and play the programme on the Humax, so something is not working properly with AV2HDR version 3.3 to do with hmt file creation.

If I create a new hmt file using Raydons sidecar files then everything works fine, except when I try to edit that hmt file with AV2HDR I get the HMT file header is too short / corrupt HMT file again.

This post is mainly to inform Raydon of my findings, but any help would be appreciated, especially if I am doing something wrong ... (probably true).

Ahhh ... I see said the blind man, ... thanks Luke for the heads-up.

So is there no updated version for the HDR-FOX T2 then ? ... because when I try to use the AV2HDR v1.0 it crashes everytime I try to import most video files.

So is there no updated version for the HDR-FOX T2 then ? ... because when I try to use the AV2HDR v1.0 it crashes everytime I try to import most video files.
AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 is the updated version of AV2HDR V3.3.
You need to use AV2HDR-T2 and not AV2HDR.

AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 is the updated version of AV2HDR V3.3.
You need to use AV2HDR-T2 and not AV2HDR.

Thanks Luke, I have since discovered why the AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 kept crashing, it all depends on the source video codecs, AV2HDR-T2 requires that the input source file be MPEG and Dolby AC3 for the codecs (SD), and H264 (HD), I was trying to edit out the adverts from movies I had recorded on my Humax, the Humax uses the AAC audio codec and AV2HDR-T2 v1.0 crashes everytime I tried to load them.

I also had to recode the movies using SUPER because Smartcutter kept crashing on native Humax recordings in SD.

The Detect-Ads package is next to useless, so I used SUPER to recode the movies using Dolby AC3 for the audio codec, edit them with Smartcutter and then use AV2HDR-T2 to create the .ts .hmt and .nts files and everything works perfectly now, Smartcutter leaves a near perfect frame accurate cut, so I recommend it.

Last edited:
The Detect-Ads package in is next to useless
That's unfair, it depends what you expect it to do. The points detect-ads can identify are only good to the resolution of bookmarking (which isn't very fine), and the cuts auto-crop can make are only good to the nearest i-frame.

If what you want is to skip the ad breaks in time-shifted telly, using detect-ads to set a trailing bookmark and then hitting skip-to-next-bookmark when the ads come on is fine. If you are wanting to create an archive of properly cleaned up recordings from commercial TV, using a fully featured editing package is the only way (and how do you get rid of the channel ident?).

So no, detect-ads does a very good job of what it's meant for, and is not next to useless.

The Detect-Ads package in next to useless, so I used SUPER to recode the movies using Dolby AC3 for the audio codec, edit them with Smartcutter and then use AV2HDR-T2 to create the .ts .hmt and .nts files and everything works perfectly now, Smartcutter leaves a near perfect frame accurate cut, so I recommend it.
How long does it take to do all this processing on each file?
DetectAds can deliver a fully processed file within a minute of the programme ending with no user action required ideal for running routinely on all commercial channel programmes but maybe not as good as you would like for programmes you intend to keep.

That's unfair, it depends what you expect it to do.

I stand by my original statement "It IS next to useless", I expect it to cut out the ads, and in my experience it misses whole sections of ads, I don't care how long it takes using my method as long as the end result is what I want, which is near perfect.

I’m very happy with DetectAds (using trailing bookmarks). It has exceeded my expectations and, so far, it has worked without fail.

DetectAds with trailing bookmarks is fine for me, usually works, allowing me to skip to the end of advertisement breaks.
With cropping it is not so good. It always gave minor but annoying sound problems at each crop and occasionally the cropping went horribly wrong.

Back