BBC Accurate Recording issues

lashers

This is to inform those who haven't been reading the "Failed recordings ?" thread that the BBC has just admitted that Accurate Recording is not working reliably at the moment, so if you want to ensure you record a full programme you will need to switch to using padding. The full statement is here:
Failed recordings ?

Last edited:
As I have had no issues with programmes recorded using Accurate Recording for a few days now I think it is safe to assume, unless anyone has any experiences to the contrary, that the issue the BBC admitted to has now been fixed.

Weatherview did not record correctly on 13th or 14th March, but has been successful every night thereafter.

I am seeing no improvement currently,
The end of Only Connect tonight was truncated by the premature start of University Challenge
Also the BBC News is regularly truncated by the start of South Today

Last edited:
As I have had no issues with programmes recorded using Accurate Recording for a few days now I think it is safe to assume, unless anyone has any experiences to the contrary, that the issue the BBC admitted to has now been fixed.
You've posted this in Freeview and Freesat subject areas - does your personal experience of "no issues" span both platforms?

The end of Only Connect tonight was truncated by the premature start of University Challenge
My main metric is the lunch time news on BBC One. For a couple of weeks the start of the National news and the finish point of the Local news have been at reasonable points. Over the last week the transition from National to Local news has become steadily more accurate and for the last few days has been very acceptable. I guess this could be different in different regions; we are receiving BBC Look North for South Yorkshire.

I've just checked my recording from BBC2HD; it begins just as the continuity announcer is introducing the programme and ends at the end of the following trailer for American Crime Story.

As I record the news on HD I don't get the local news so can't comment on that.

I retract my earlier comments, sorry for any confusion caused.
I had moved some recordings to padding when the problems were at the worst and the programmes mentioned were not actually recorded with AR.

I have now recorded BBC News and South today both at lunchtime and in the evening and the transition has been fine,
If I was being picky I might wish for it to occur 10 seconds earlier but this is probably due to the time the Humax takes to react to the change in programme indication.

I am new to this forum but I'm pleased to find out some information hopefully. Since the update to the Waltham transmitter which we received in Blaby in Leicestershire we had a problem with series record on BBC One. When we programmed series record for BBC One at 6 o'clock in the evening it recorded ok that night then we had a problem. During the night around 2 o'clock in the morning it appears that the programming for 6 next evening was deleted and replaced by four hours of recording of BBC news from BBC 2. I'm checking what is being programmed I discover about the 6 o'clock news has been deleted and has replaced it with a setting for BBC2 in middle of night BBC News starting about 2 o'clock. This problem continued for a few weeks and then suddenly it corrected itself. Unfortunately it has come back again. You may say is that my Panasonic box causing the problem no it happens with my Sony freeview box and it also happens now I only discovered today with my Freesat Humax 1000s with 500GB external drive.

Back