BBC Radio stations on Humax Portal breaking down

MRN1

Each and every BBC station on Internet Radio app would play for two seconds and then go silent.
Does anyone know where the issue comes from and how it can be fixed?

I have not experienced that. What I get is play (W Jazzowym Klimacie) for a reasonable period and then the HDR-FOX crashes, but that is not unexpected because of my flakey HomePlug/Internet (the HDR-FOX is not tolerant of network traffic errors).

It seems a bit pointless using Internet Radio for BBC stations when they're on Freeview.

It seems a bit pointless using Internet Radio for BBC stations when they're on Freeview.
That was a point I was going to make. Of course, if the bitrate is better online it might be worth it - if your ears can spot the difference. I suppose there is always the possibility of wanting to listen to local radio from another area or Welsh/Scottish/NI station from England.

Specifically, London from elsewhere.
Each and every BBC station on Internet Radio app would play for two seconds and then go silent.
Does anyone know where the issue comes from and how it can be fixed?
See here.

It depends whether you can tell the difference between low bit-rate mono (Freeview) and high bit-rate stereo (Internet).

Actually nearly all BBC radio channels on Freeview are broadcast in stereo!

More details when you scroll down this page:

Actually nearly all BBC radio channels on Freeview are broadcast in stereo!

More details when you scroll down this page:
and for BBC Radio 1, Radio 1 Xtra, Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4, Radio 6 Music, and Radio 4 Extra the bitrate on freeview (bar some, sometimes, in Scotland) are all higher than is available via the Internet Radio app on the Fox T2s (which is limited to the MP3 channels on vTuner).

Back