Black Screen FreeSat Can't Fix!!!

JVE

New 4k FreeSat Box has intermittent fault that Freesat say they can't fix!!!! They even exchanged the box but it has the same fault. They said there was an over the air update but that did not fix it.

New Samsung TV turned on to say BBC1. Turn Freesat box on and it should automatically switch to the Freesat Box. BUT, all we get is a black blank screen. Even tried to switch the input select on the TV to HDMI-1 but still does not come on. The only way is to turn everything off, unplug the Freesat Box for at least 30 seconds, plug it back in, the front light turns blue, after approx. 30 seconds it turns red, then turn the TV back on, then turn the freesat box back on and it usually then works.

This happens every few nights. Nothing changes to cause it, very hit and miss!!!! My old TV and Humax box are in exactly the same place where they worked fine for a great many years.

I managed to solve a similar (maybe the same?) issue I was having between my Freesat 4K box and my Sony Bravia TV. It was cutting to black every minute for about 10 mins, before eventually sorting itself out. After several hours trying every setting, updating the TV and several hardware tricks, I eventually found that this splitter worked for me! (even where more expensive splitters didn't).

I've got Amazon Prime, which allowed me to try several similar options and send them back with free returns. This was my last option and amazingly it worked.

Thought i'd share this trick with others to hopefully save them time!

Back