Bookmarking cropped advert points?

Hello,

Is it possible to configure the automatic ads removal system to mark/keep the points where the adverts are cropped out?
I've looked at available GUI setup arguments but can't see this option.

I only get this if I have to manually remove the adverts should the automation fail for some reason (presumably turning off the recorder whilst its processing!), I then elect to keep the bookmark points, which I find rather handy to get about like chapters and to check the advert 'layout' to see if it looks as expected.

Any advise on this please.

Keeping bookmarks at crop points is a relatively new option in the WebIF crop function, post-dating detectads. That option would need to be added to the detectads package, but you could work around it by configuring detectads to bookmark the start and end of adverts (not crop), and then performing the crop separately within WebIF (setting the option to keep bookmarks).

It is on my (over long) To Do list, unfortunately I haven't found time to work on any of my Humax projects for a long while

Keeping bookmarks at crop points is a relatively new option in the WebIF crop function, post-dating detectads. That option would need to be added to the detectads package, but you could work around it by configuring detectads to bookmark the start and end of adverts (not crop), and then performing the crop separately within WebIF (setting the option to keep bookmarks).
Understood, thank you.
I suppose it's a balance between the convinience of automation and manually dong it.
One of the problems is the cropping has to be done one at a time in real-time.
I don't see a suitable option (to select one or more files and then add) to the 'Queue for' pull-down process (although I wouldnt use it unless I could also elect keeping the bookmarks).

Personally I just bookmark the end of ad breaks, and then simply skip to next bookmark when the play reaches an ad break. No more uncertainty whether the crops have been performed at the right places.

You could adopt a tactic of bookmarking for viewing, then manually cropping shows that you want to archive. But experience seems to show that you will still need a disk of size n for some value of n greater than what you already have.

Back