1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box will not boot

Discussion in 'HD-FOX T2 Freeview Receiver' started by fitzy73, Nov 14, 2012.

1. fitzy73

fitzy73 New Member

Hi folks. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (I have searched - but I'm a noobie) but I bought a second hand Fox T2 that will not boot. It gets as far as the Humax screen, and that's it. I tried to flash a firmware update on it, but it still doesn't get past the initial Humax screen, so, basically, am I snookered?

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Is it dropping back into standby, or freezing at the splash screen?

3. fitzy73

fitzy73 New Member

Freezing on the splash screen. The lights on the front continue to circulate though.

The longest I've left it is 10 mins. Is it worth leaving it a bit longer?

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Doesn't sound good. What did you do to reflash it, and what happened?

5. fitzy73

fitzy73 New Member

Downloaded the file from Humax, unzipped and dropped into the root of a USB pen drive.

Then started the box while holding the standby button.

6. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

Any indication on the TV screen that it is loading the firmware update, or attempting to?

7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

A few notes:
    • You do not need to struggle to power up at the plug while holding the standby button; it is sufficient to come out of standby by pressing and holding the standby button until the firmware update screen appears.
    • The Humax is a bit fussy about USB sticks, if one doesn't work try another.
    • I found firmware 1.02.27 the most stable.

fitzy73 likes this.
  8. fitzy73

fitzy73 New Member

Well finally got it to work - thanks for the advice.

I bought a new USB pen drive, but it wouldn't jump straight to the newest rev, so I had to incrementally upgrade it.
    I can't seem to find firmware 1.02.27 anywhere though. Is it not available from Humax anymore?

9. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

No, Humax stopped supporting it as soon as 1.02.28 was released, that is why there is no Custom Firmare for 1.02.27 either, Link HERE

fitzy73 likes this.
  10. fitzy73

fitzy73 New Member

Thanks folks - much appreciated!

Edit - the file does not exit when I click on the Zippy fileshare?

11. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

I can supply 1.02.27 if you want it.

12. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you are talking about this file HD_FOX_T2_1.02.29_mod_2.13.zip on the zippy fileshare site, If you have to supply an E-mail address and password in order to logon, remember it doesn't have to be a real E-Mail address because they don't E-mail you anything so fredbloggs@talktalk.co.uk is fine. You need to click on 'Download Now' not 'Download' or 'Premium Download' or 'Regular Download'