1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breakup of Recent BBC 4 Recording

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Nontech, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Nontech

Nontech Member

Recently recorded from BBC4, on viewing there was a lot of picture breakup.
    Have now looked at the Signal strength from TV, it's showing BBC1 as 87% but BBC4 as 75%
    I'm on the Tacolneston transmitter.
    Is this a normal reduction from BBC1 to 4?
    Also where can I find the Multiplexer chart for stations?
    Thanks

2. Black Hole

Black Hole Well-Known Member

75% is fine. What you really need to look at is the quality figure, and do so via Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection.

If you want to know how your system is currently tuned, use WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Mux Info. If you want to know how it should be tuned, see Things Every... (click) section 2.

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

4. Trev

Trev Well-Known Member

What's happening to Com 6&7 after 2019?

5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Suspect the OP does not have the custom firmware installed. He asked the same question on MyHumax.
    Spectrum will be used for other services.

I imagine the channels will be absorbed into the other mux with the increase in capacity due to DVB-T2 modulation and probably H264/AVC encoding for all channels (HD and SD).

Pretty confident from follow up post at MyHumax, OP's issue was weather related CCI (The channels he was recording was BBC1 HD and BBC 4-HD (Com 7).

6. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Yes, the 6 main Muxs output 100,000Watts, Com7 (BBC4 HD) is only 27,400Watts

7. Trev

Trev Well-Known Member

Run out of 'k's Ezra?:)