Broken Repeat Recording

My Pointless Celebrities [Series Link / Season Pass / What are we calling it?] recorded last Saturday's episode.

It now languishes at the bottom of my Scheduled Events list and will not record tonight's episode.

This happened a lot to my Match of the Day Scheduled Recordings.

I had three versions (yes, all on BBCONEHD) in the list at one time.

It's no big deal, but I am curious if other have similar drop outs.

You need to check that the series crids are all the same. I had this at various times with MOTD and, in fact, Berlin Station on More4 changed its series crid after last weeks successful recording.
It may be a good place to start before worrying about the Humax...

Check the series CRID of the programme in the EPG against the one in the schedule
Often the BBC et Al seem to change for no good reason

I had three versions (yes, all on BBCONEHD) in the list at one time.

Vigilance seems to be the only answer to avoid missing the next and future episodes. The Beeb has been doing crazy things with series links.

For reasons that need concern no-one.... I record Bargain Hunt on BBC1, sometimes BBC2 most days around noon. Until recently it was straightforward: one series record did the job but not now. Currently six episodes, SD or HD, are in the EPG for the next week. Each is part of a series but it takes SIX separate series linked recordings to be set. Not sure what they are up to but I'm not a fan.

Using the search-and-schedule facilities of RS, plus the RTS setting on the WebIF, means you can configure recordings based on EPG text search rather than relying on CRIDs.

Using the search-and-schedule facilities of RS, plus the RTS setting on the WebIF, means you can configure recordings based on EPG text search rather than relying on CRIDs.
Yes Sometimes needed but then you have to be careful to avoid duplicate recordings when there are repeats at other times and days an on other cha nels

Hell, it's better to record twice than not at all. You can always do a manual clean-up later.

The search and schedule facility, hidden under the Auto button on the RS site, looks interesting.

Very much like the searches in my old series 1 TiVo.

Seems rather powerful so, for now, vigilance shall be my watch word.

Thank you all for your replies.

Last edited:
I record Bargain Hunt on BBC1, sometimes BBC2 most days around noon. Until recently it was straightforward: one series record did the job but not now. Currently six episodes, SD or HD, are in the EPG for the next week. Each is part of a series but it takes SIX separate series linked recordings to be set. Not sure what they are up to but I'm not a fan.
Looking at the HD episodes at 12:15 for today and the next week the episodes are from 3 different series: Series 43, Series 53 and Series 46. The BBC have set these up as 3 different series and therefore 3 separate entries are needed to be created in the schedule.
Comparing what the BBC have done with HD compared to SD, they are correctly also using different series CRIDs for the SD compared to the HD.

The 12:15 episode on the 13th June is from series 49. This is a different series number from those currently in the programme guide. If the BBC are consistent with how they are currently allocating the series identifiers then you will need to set a schedule for that when it gets to be in your programme guide.

Looking at the HD episodes at 12:15 for today and the next week the episodes are from 3 different series: Series 43, Series 53 and Series 46. The BBC have set these up as 3 different series and therefore 3 separate entries are needed to be created in the schedule.

Thanks for the research - I guessed that something of the sort was causing it.
I'm still not a fan but I understand now!

Slightly perturbed to see my Disable OTA Series Link dead at the bottom of my Scheduled Events list.

There is, however, a Disable OTA Series Link in the schedule for tomorrow morning.

I also have last night's --- Sleep --- and --- Wake-up --- in the schedule.

These also have duplicates.

I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings and delete hopefully the right ones as necessary.

What?

Disable OTA should be a manual timer recurring every day, not a series link, therefore should never be in the "no matching entries in the next seven days" redundant section of the list.

Something has happened to get your schedule database into that mess - have you inadvertently done a restore?

Something has happened to get your schedule database into that mess - have you inadvertently done a restore?

Christ, I hope not.
Disable OTA should be a manual timer recurring every day, not a series link, therefore should never be in the "no matching entries in the next seven days" redundant section of the list.
Hence my concern.

Direct copy from Web-IF
Disable OTA --- -- --- ---- --:--
(Last: Tue 04 Jun 2019 04:20)
But also
Disable OTAWed 05 Jun 2019 04:20

Had a look at the Visual Schedule and last night's (this morning's) Disable OTA is there.
There are two set up for each of the next seven days.

Interesting.

I refreshed Web-IF, expecting it to fail to connect given I guessed it was more then 3 hours idle.

Web-IF is reporting "Idle 3h, 17m".

The dropdown from the menu, telling you what T2 is doing (playing X, recording Y), says
"System is in standby."

Is this the fabled half-awake state?

Would this fix itself in time, if I were not here to power it off completely?

Is this the fabled half-awake state?
The delinquent half-awake state, you mean? There's nothing fabled about it, it is a real phenomenon (unlike unicorns). The ordinary half-awake state, where it is recording from standby, is normal. Half-awake is also normal in the transition from on to standby, when the HDR performs housekeeping (eg generating thumbnails for new recordings). The hypothesis is that delinquent half-awake is actually this transition stuck in an infinite loop (or crashed).

The dropdown from the menu, telling you what T2 is doing (playing X, recording Y), says "System is in standby."
Never mind the WebIF, what do your eyes tell you? Does it look as if in standby from the front?

Would this fix itself in time, if I were not here to power it off completely?
No, not once it's been left long enough to be sure it is stuck. Neither will a cold reboot fix it - the condition causing it (commonly a rogue recording) has not been cleared, so it will happen next time.

Things Every... (click) section 18.

How would I identify a rogue recording?

FYI I powered it down for half an hour and then up again.

The duplicate Disable OTA Series Link disappeared.

The duplicate --- Sleep --- and --- Wake-up --- events remain.

Interestingly, or not, the slot numbers for each are three apart.

Slot numbers for --- Sleep --- are 17 and 20

Slot numbers for --- Wake-up --- are 12 and 15

I powered it back on at 8.30pm.

Now, 45 minutes later, Web-IF is reporting "System is in standby."
Never mind the WebIF, what do your eyes tell you? Does it look as if in standby from the front?
It looks like it's in standby and accordingly does not respond to the remote.

Last edited:
Back