Can I manually delete these

Robti

Hi in my dustbin folder there is a sub folder called “webif_autodecrypt” it has over 100gb of files in it, so question is can I delete either this sub folder or the files inside it ?
Thanks

It should be self-deleting, so there may be a problem to resolve. However, yes you can delete by the normal means if you wish, there is nothing to stop you (and deletions from the recycle bin do not get recycled).

Thanks BH I will double check my deletion setting to make sure first and I know that once deleted from the dustbin they are lost, but thanks for reminding me

If you don't have a need for a backup of pre-decrypted versions of the programmes then the creation of these can be switched off in the webif's Auto-Processing Settings by changing the yes/no of "Create backup files in dustbin for decrypt and shrink? ".

Thank you setting now changed to no, and double checked all the files in the dustbin and at the moment they are all from the last week and I have the dustbin set to empty after 7 days, so it all looks like it should
Thanks again to everyone

I'm not sure, but I don't think the dustbin empties after 7 days, but it deleted programmes older than 7 days, so it will likely not completely empty the dustbin unless all recordings are older than 7 days.
Or is that what you meant?

I'm not sure, but I don't think the dustbin empties after 7 days, but it deleted programmes older than 7 days, so it will likely not completely empty the dustbin unless all recordings are older than 7 days.
Or is that what you meant?

undelete has a setting for varying the time before deletion, so you can delete before the 7 days if disk space is running out.

Back