can i record BBC iPlayer onto my humax recorder ?

timmy_toad

hi all, this is surely an easy Yes/No answer . . .

I have both a Freesat and a Freview Recorder, they both have Internet sockets, i can receive BBC iPlayer on either one.

I would love to know, how to record programs i am watching, via BBC iPlayer, on my TV, onto my Humax ?.

If the answer is hopefully YES, how do i do it ?.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

The answer is yes - but you have to view iPlayer via the HDR-FOX and you will need to install the custom software. The HDR-FOX T2 (not the HD-FOX T2) buffers the iPlayer (or YouTube) stream at network speed into a specific file, and when the download is complete (much quicker then the actual programme playback if you have half-reasonable broadband) the file can be saved off as a .MP4. However, the native FTP server does not allow access to that area of the hard drive, so you need to install the custom software and use the uncrippled version of the FTP server.

If you do install custom though, you might as well use the Web Interface to access the stream buffer, which lets you save it to a named file in My Videos.

Refer here: Custom Software Quick Start Guide (click)

Wowee thanks for your very quick reply mr Black Hole, i am truly amazed that i can do what i was hoping i could do.

There are a few words you use that are a very new to me, particularly in your Quick Start guide.

Any way, not anywhere can i see a Link to the Custom Software file, which i assume i would need to download with my Lap (apple) Top and save it to a USB memory stick, for what to do next i shall have to get back to you, if i may ?.

ps. i do have a MyBookLive 3tb drive available if that helps at all ?.
pps. my Humax gear is as follows. HDR-FOX T2 and FOXSAT-HDR

tim

The Introductions section is not the place for this. You will find all the material you need by following the links in the Quick Start Guide. Any further difficulties please post in the Custom Software section of the Hummy.TV forum - but I guarantee they've all been asked and answered before. All the instructions are on the Wiki, there is an instructional video, and the Glossary is an encyclopedic explanation of the various abbreviations and terms.

The Introductions section is not the place for this. You will find all the material you need by following the links in the Quick Start Guide. Any further difficulties please post in the Custom Software section of the Hummy.TV forum - but I guarantee they've all been asked and answered before. All the instructions are on the Wiki, there is an instructional video, and the Glossary is an encyclopedic explanation of the various abbreviations and terms.

Thanks for that "blackhole" very helpful, ten out of ten.

Initially i wasn't sure whether i wanted the FreeSat section or the FreeView section LOL. i take on board you pointing me in the right direction, cheers.

tim

Back