Can I send files to my HDR-1000S via ethernet

Hi guys,

I would like to send files to a USB stick in my HDR-1000S via ethernet.

I have loads of stuff on my PC that I would like to transfer to the Humax.

I know the Humax can play the files by DNLA but I don't want my PC on all night, so if I could copy the files across that would be perfect.

Regards,

Paul.

If the unit has FTP then I would say the answer is yes, look for an option similar to this one for the HDR Fox T2 - Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> FTP server

If you copy the files to a usb stick and connect it one of the HDR-1000S usb ports you can copy them to the internal HDD or play them back from the usb stick.

My HDR-1000S tells me that it's IP address is 192.168.1.164 but when I type that into my browser I get nothing.
Should this do something.
Paul

My HDR-1000S tells me that it's IP address is 192.168.1.164 but when I type that into my browser I get nothing.
Should this do something.
Paul

That would only work if the box had a web server, samba or ftp server. It has none of these. Only way to upload Video, Music or JPG to the internal hard disc is using USB. It does have a DLNA client. If you share a folder on your PC and have a DLNA server set up (Windows Media Player is a DLNA server), you should be able to play content stored on a PC or other kit that has a server. eg My Foxsat-HDR has a server thanks to the custom firmware. I can play back Foxsat recordings using my HDR-1000S

Access to Media Streaming on 1000S - Menu - Humax - Media Share This will display a list of available DLNA servers

Hi Graham,
Sounds like I might have bought the wrong Humax box.
I was looking at the Foxsat, before I bought my 1000S, but foolishly thought that a later model must be better.
I have watched stuff via DLNA but that requires my PC to be on all night and it's a bit noisy.
I've transferred stuff from the USB to the Humax hard drive and played them from there and that works fine, but I've got stacks of files on the PC and I don't want to fill the Humax hard drive with the same stuff.
Maybe I'll have to use a USB stick, just seems a bit old hat, with all the technology that's available.
Regards,
Paul

Hi Graham,
Sounds like I might have bought the wrong Humax box.
I was looking at the Foxsat, before I bought my 1000S, but foolishly thought that a later model must be better.
I have watched stuff via DLNA but that requires my PC to be on all night and it's a bit noisy.
I've transferred stuff from the USB to the Humax hard drive and played them from there and that works fine, but I've got stacks of files on the PC and I don't want to fill the Humax hard drive with the same stuff.
Maybe I'll have to use a USB stick, just seems a bit old hat, with all the technology that's available.
Regards,
Paul

Use a portable USB hard drive, you can play back directly from usb. No need to upload content to the internal HDD.

The picture quality of the 2nd generation boxes is superior to the older Foxsat-HDR. Streaming from the Foxsat to my HDR-1000S really peps up the picture quality. And of course you have all the catch up players etc.

Hi Graham,
I've decided to carry on using the USB to transfer files to the Humax hard drive, looks like 500Gb is going to hold quite a few films.
Regards,
Paul.
P.S. just spotted you on another forum, looks like you've been around these Humax devices for some time :)

Back