Cancelling "copy to usb"?

dibs

I asked my Humax to copy lots of files to an external USB drive, then realised that we were unable to watch some live or pre-recorded files (black screen & "this channel is scrambled or unavailable"). The Webif shows that the Humax was already "playing" two files (I assume in order to decrypt them for transfer to USB).

Is it possible to cancel "copy to USB"? (i.e. Media, select, OPT+, copy), ideally once it's just finished copying the current file, but otherwise crudely by killing a task? Last resort was to do a hard switch off, but surely there has to be a better way!

Thanks,
Ian

("ps" output of running processes attached)

CUSTOM FW FEATURE REQUEST: Webif to show progress of "copy to usb" task, add/delete some or all files from queue

Attachments

• psoutput.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 5
Ooh! Pet HATE of mine - software that starts a long process a) without saying you'll be waiting a long time, and/or especially b) not having a 'cancel' or 'stop' option. :mad:
I feel your pain.

Is it possible to cancel "copy to USB"? (i.e. Media, select, OPT+, copy), ideally once it's just finished copying the current file, but otherwise crudely by killing a task? Last resort was to do a hard switch off, but surely there has to be a better way!
There isn't.

As for a CF way to modify an SUI command, as noted the CF operates in addition and in parallel with the standard firmware, and does not interfere.

OK, thanks for the confirmation - it's finally finished copying files.

(The CF has really made the Humax HDR-T2 a much better unit)

Ian

Back