Cannot access Recordings via IP on Windows 10

funkymikeb

Hi,
I've just purchased a brand new FVP-5000T and updated it to latest software but I cannot access the Recordings folder via \\<IP Address> from a Windows 10 laptop.
My endgame is to efficiently archive off SD recordings to a NAS (I'm assuming HD recordings have to stay encrypted).
I can see all the folders on the Humax and can write to the Downloads folder but get an error when I try to access the Recordings folder (see attachment).
I've enabled "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" and "SMB 1.0/CIFS Server" features within Windows 10 to get past a previous SMB1 / not secure error.
Everything is ON on the Humax (e.g. SAMBA / FTP / Network Server).

I can quickly transfer via FTP but I believe the TS files are still encrypted as media players cannot play them.
I've tried but given up transferring via the USB2 ports on the back and side but it takes too long (both seem to be equally slow).
I can also access the recordings on the Humax via Windows Media Player but assume that's using a different protocol to native Windows 10.

Any ideas why I still have no access to the Recordings folder please or an alternative efficient method to archive off the recordings?

Attachments

• hummy.jpg
    hummy.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
I've just purchased a brand new FVP-5000T and updated it to latest software but I cannot access the Recordings folder via \\<IP Address> from a Windows 10 laptop.
What makes you think you should be able to access recordings that way?

I can quickly transfer via FTP but I believe the TS files are still encrypted as media players cannot play them.
Yes, and they would be even if you could access them by SMB.

Please remember you have an FVP-5000T, not a HDR-FOX fitted with custom firmware (so we can decrypt etc).

My endgame is to efficiently archive off SD recordings to a NAS (I'm assuming HD recordings have to stay encrypted).
The way to do it is to use the DMS server that is present in windows 10. On the Humax in Advanced settings> Server management> set the Network server to ON and set the time period over which you wish to be able to access it each day. The Network server is actually a DLNA server (also called content sharing on other Humax boxes). On the PC fire up Windows Explorer, click on "This PC" and scroll down, under Network locations you should see HumaxFVP DMS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Right click on this and select Open. Then My Contents> Recordings>Sendto > Documents. You should then after a few minutes get a decrypted recording In the Documents folder.

That worked a treat - easy when you know how though initial transfers bombed out after a bit but a good old reboot seems to have sorted that out. Much appreciated for the quick reply and clear and concise instructions.

What makes you think you should be able to access recordings that way?
Humax support website (final FAQ) - https : / / uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=3793#038;product_id=70 (sorry can't bung in external links yet)

FILE TRANSFER IP (SD CONTENT ONLY)​

• Ensure both PC/Laptop and Humax box are on the same network
  • Ensure both PC/Laptop have the relevant sharing options turned on (File Share > SAMBA and FTP on the FVP & media share on the PC)
  • Open a new folder/file explorer tab on your PC/Laptop
  • Type in the IP address of your Humax found in network connection status into the address bar - For example, \\192.XXX.X.XXX Ensure you have \\ before the IP address
  • Your PC/Laptop should access the internal HDD of the Humax and allow you to copy files off it (Recordings folder)

Interesting, but I'm pretty sure that would result in unusable encrypted files even if you had made it work (same as FTP).

Back