Cannot install Custom Firmware

junkmanukuk

Hi

Ive just bought a HDR T2 from ebay

Im trying to install HDR FOX T2 1.03.12 mod 3.11 but i always get E-Id Error

Also does anyone have or know where i can get The System Flush Update File as all links are dead

Does anyone know how to fix it

Ive attached a couple of pics showing System Info and the Error

Thanks
PXL_20220624_190508036.jpg
PXL_20220624_194231445.jpg

But until you have the system id as 80BC.7E00 I doubt that it will help.
Thanks for the reply any idea how i can do that?
But until you have the system id as 80BC.7E00 I doubt that it will help.

WhY?
That is not the latest version and it has been withdrawn.
Sorry im new to the game i thought it was

Ive tried HDR FOX T2 1.03.12 mod 3.13 and system flush and still getting the E-Id Error

Ive just bought a HDR T2 from ebay
Was it sold to you as "Faulty"?

The System Id for the HDR-FOX T2 is 80BC.7E00. To stop people risking bricking their Humax unit by loading the wrong software the install process checks that the new software matches the unit's System Id. As yours is not correct it rejects the software update.

The only memory I have of anyone fixing something like this is with the FOXSAT units and obtaining an update file via myhumax.org that corrects it for those foxsat units

Possible someone may know of another correction routine that will works for the HDR=FOX T2, or you could try Humax support or myhumax.org to see if there is a System Id update file for the HDR-FOX T2..

It might be possible to create something that can be loaded using humidify.
From its help...
Code:
pvr# humidify -c help
HDF Tool v1.0.4, by af123, 2011-2015.

Create takes at least three arguments:
   <output file>      The name of the file to create.
   <System ID>        Target system ID.
   <file1>            First file to include.
   [filex]...         Additional files to include.

System ID:
   A single hex number (up to 8 characters) or
   two hex numbers separated by a hyphen (-)
   indicating a range of acceptable system IDs,
   optionally as two 4 character hex strings
   separated by a . (the way Humax show them)

Examples:
       80bc7e00
       80bc.7e00
       80bc7e00-80bc7eff
       80bc.7e00-80bc.7eff

Additionally, if you wish to override the model number embedded in the
  final HDF file (defaults to 4) then you can put the required model number
  at the start of the system ID, followed by a :

Example:
       3:80bc.7e00-80bc.7eff

File:
   A file to be added to the new HDF file.
   If the filename is of the format <index>.hdfbin-<type>-<address>.raw
   then the type and base address will be extracted from it, otherwise
   a file type of 1 with a zero base address will be used.

These attributes can be overidden using the following format:
       <filename>:<type>:<address>
   Example:
       test.raw:1:1e00000
I have only ever created hdf files using the standard system ids but I wonder if an hdf created using a range would initially load and then allow firmware with the correct id to be loaded.

The only memory I have of anyone fixing something like this is with the FOXSAT units and obtaining an update file via myhumax.org that corrects it for those foxsat units
I used to fix this for users with PVR-9300T boxes which were prone to losing or corrupting the system Id. I was editing the header of the upgrade which for those units included the expected system ID.

ive emailed Humax hopefully they could help me out
I wouldn't hold your breath or expect a positive outcome from them, but do let us know if so.

I wonder how it got that system-id in the first place.
Does anyone think attempting a loader update first would help?

Right ive managed to change the System id with a file a member sent me at myhumax and managed to install the custom firmware

Unfortunately after reinstalling the firmware when turning it on it wont display a picture and would say on the TV NO Signal and enter some kind of boot loop also the hard drive would spin for a few seconds then stop

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Right ive managed to change the System id with a file a member sent me at myhumax and managed to install the custom firmware

Unfortunately after reinstalling the firmware when turning it on it wont display a picture and would say on the TV NO Signal and enter some kind of boot loop also the hard drive would spin for a few seconds then stop

Anyone else had this problem?
Was the HDR-FOX T2 retuned to your local transmitter before you first posted?
Is the message on the TV coming from the TV itself or the Humax?
When you initially boot up the Humax what are the various things that it displays on the front panel? (You may have to view it in the dark if the front panel has aged so much that it is extremely dim.)
It is possible that the custom firmware is attempting to fix what it thinks is an anomaly, although that is unlikely as it tries not to get into a loop when doing that. Or it could be a reaction to a corrupt HDD.

Try uploading a different version of the official software without custom firmware and see what happens and if you can use the HDR-FOX T2 raw.
For a recent version you could try 1.03.13
https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=2641&curr_page=sw_release

Was the HDR-FOX T2 retuned to your local transmitter before you first posted?
Is the message on the TV coming from the TV itself or the Humax?
It is possible that the custom firmware is attempting to fix what it thinks is an anomaly, although that is unlikely as it tries not to get into a loop when doing that. Or it could be a reaction to a corrupt HDD.

Try uploading a different version of the official software without custom firmware and see what happens and if you can use the HDR-FOX T2 raw.
For a recent version you could try 1.03.13
Thxs for the reply

The no signal is displayed on my tv and the humax box stays on start system then the start system disappears then reappears like a boot loop

Tried it again got to the Humax screen then it went green

Last edited:
The file to reset the system ID could be usefully to other members, could you upload it to the forum so it can be made available via the Wiki ?

The file to reset the system ID could be usefully to other members, could you upload it to the forum so it can be made available via the Wiki ?
Making it that easy to get old of could be a bit dangerous. Someone could use it on an HD-FOX T2 and then not be able to recover.

I couldn't open the compressed file until I used non-windows extraction. It appears to be RAR compressed.
Is that common these days to give rar compressed files a zip extension?

Hi I had to change it from rar to zip to upload it as I don't have zip on my pc and I couldnt upload it as a rar file or as hdf file

Back