Cannot see web interface on TV screen

anyoldname

First, thank you to all the hard workers who built and tested the customised firmware. It installed easily.

I wonder if I am missing something (level zero question)

1. Am I supposed to see the new web interface only on my PC (which I can do), or should it also be visible on my TV (which it isn't)?

2. I thought the firmware came with a basic browser which would let me browse the internet using the HUMAX. But I can just see the same start page with youtube, bbc iplayer, flickr. No obvious browser.

thanks

BOB

1. Yes, No.

2. Who said so?* Correct. Correct.

Clearly you didn't read anything before installing.

Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click) - especially paragraph 5. See also the links in my signature panel (immediately below this text).

* The TV Portal system is a web browser, but as the means to enter a URL is very limited the only practical use that can be made of it is to access pre-defined web pages by clicking the presented icons and buttons etc. Also the target web page would have to be formatted very particularly to display properly on the Humax output to TV, and not attempt to do anything too fancy, which is why the existing apps access special versions of the sites in question that have been optimised for display and interaction via a TV and remote handset.

Thanks for the clarification Black Hole. What gave me the idea that the custom firmware had a browser was the
reference in the wiki for browser interface for Humax.

But - the big plus for me was the ease that it all installed nicely. Which is thanks to people like yourself who are prepared to take the time
teaching people like me.

BOB

Thanks for the clarification Black Hole. What gave me the idea that the custom firmware had a browser was the reference in the wiki for browser interface for Humax.
There is an experimental browser implemented in one of the custom portals (installed as a package, but make sure you get the right one for the standard firmware you have). The custom portals are (I think) the only way you get to see something different through the TV screen. However, as noted, the facilities to enter a URL are limited to say the least!

What gave me the idea that the custom firmware had a browser was the reference in the wiki for browser interface for Humax
The Humax TV portal front page, (where the App icons are displayed), is referred to a browser, however it is not a General internet / web browser

Back