cant process certain files

Robti

Hi i have a few files that are just sitting and not decrypting or shrink, others go through the process fine, any ideas or is their anyway to force them ?
Thanks2022-12-30.png

Well, they can't shrink until decrypted, and they can't decrypt in standby (as stated in the queue status), so what's not meeting the eye?

Just because you can access the WebIF doesn't necessarily mean the unit isn't in "standby" - it could be in delinquent half-awake.

maybe leave the box out of standby overnight (see the log comments for the defer entries)?
Under Settings/'Auto-Process Settings' what are the settings for: -
"How often should auto-processing run"
"Suspend Auto-processing if will record soon"
"... how many minutes is soon"

On mine I have 6 minutes
Yes
20 minutes

The last one is probably a bit long, but works for me.

question for someone involved in the development, I've never worked out why it shows minus time, is this the time since it originally expected to do the operation?

I've never worked out why it shows minus time, is this the time since it originally expected to do the operation?
Simply the numerical result of subtracting the current time from the time the job was submitted from the queue, in seconds.

Well, they can't shrink until decrypted, and they can't decrypt in standby (as stated in the queue status), so what's not meeting the eye?

Just because you can access the WebIF doesn't necessarily mean the unit isn't in "standby" - it could be in delinquent half-awake.
Have the unit switched on for a few hours now and resubmitted the files for processing but no change

maybe leave the box out of standby overnight (see the log comments for the defer entries)?
Under Settings/'Auto-Process Settings' what are the settings for: -
"How often should auto-processing run"
"Suspend Auto-processing if will record soon"
"... how many minutes is soon"

On mine I have 6 minutes
Yes
20 minutes

The last one is probably a bit long, but works for me.

question for someone involved in the development, I've never worked out why it shows minus time, is this the time since it originally expected to do the operation?
So I have attached my settings and had a thought that I am recording really back to back so will leave it to run through the night, can I ask if I should change anything ?
Thanks 0D2E9DDA-2B6F-4B75-92A4-BEEC3D01B8FF.jpeg

If you're recording back to back and you've told it not to do auto processing while recording or about to record, then what do you expect? It's obviously starved of time.
Whether you want to change anything depends on you. For some people, decrypting etc. during recording causes glitches in the recordings.
I've never worked out why it shows minus time
Seems weird to me too. I'll reverse it in the next release.

I am not involved in the development but I'll answer as someone who frequently sees negative time.

Yes.

Seems weird to me too. I'll reverse it in the next release.
I do experience seen negative times. But with mine there is always an explanation, and can be useful to know what is happening.

E.g. Sometimes I add an action to the queue to be actioned in a few hours time. When that time comes and it does not action due to "Suspend Auto-processing if will record soon" then it starts to go into negative time.

It does not look broken, or undesirable, to me.

Last edited:
I can see your argument, but it feels more right to count down (towards zero) a negative number and up a positive number rather than count down a positive number and up a negative number (away from zero).

Back