Chanel icon Missing? Live T.V. ....and recordings ?

Border

Didn't Film 4 on Freeview and Other channels not have an icon in the top. I have checked several channels playing now and they don't have the channel Icon on the live feed.

Also checked the recordings on the Humax and there are no icons (e.g. Film4) on the recorded shows now.

None on BBC1
None on BBC2
Grand Prix stuff only on CH4
None on Channel5
None on ITV4
Present on BBC Four
Present on Quest
Non on BBC HD

And not on any of the recordings from this sample of channels.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Has something changed. Or do my settings on screen ratio / pillarbox etc need changed?

Didn't Film 4 on Freeview and Other channels not have an icon in the top. I have checked several channels playing now and they don't have the channel Icon on the live feed.

Also checked the recordings on the Humax and there are no icons (e.g. Film4) on the recorded shows now.

None on BBC1
None on BBC2
Grand Prix stuff only on CH4
None on Channel5
None on ITV4
Present on BBC Four
Present on Quest
Non on BBC HD

And not on any of the recordings from this sample of channels.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Has something changed. Or do my settings on screen ratio / pillarbox etc need changed?
I think that Film 4 lost its dog in 2009 or 2010.
How old were the Film 4 recordings that you checked? :)

Channel 5 still has a dog but is smaller and fainter than it used to be a few years ago.

Sorry, I meant DOG, not dog.

Here's a BBC blog from 2011 about why "BBC One" and "BBC Two" don't have DOGs.

Nothing to see here.
I wish there was nothing to see. Damned dirty DOGs have a habit of hiding someone's face when they're talking. The "nexts" on various channels are more annoying. I could throw something at the tv whilst watching Enterprise and that ruddy cloud appears over the bottom of the screen.

It's the price of having video recorders. Being able to make a clean recording would be detrimental to sales.

Back