Channel 4 and 5 missing on EPG

greywizard

Local Transmitter is Mendip, about 18 miles crow fly away. No other tx in area to cause problems.

Over last 2 to 3 days I have tried to set up timers for programmes on Channel 4 and 5 for this coming weekend (26/27 October).
I find that times and programmes for both channels for these dates are blank. So autotuned Humax but still the same. I then decided to switch
box off and check Samsung TV - same situation. Thinking it might be the loop-thru playing up, I then checked the same channels for those
dates on my 'stand-alone' Sony Bravia which is in an entirely different room with no connection to the Humax. Still no info.

Anybody else in area ( or even other areas) have same problem ?

Channel 4 and 5 both empty for 26 Oct. on Sutton Coldfield transmitter (West Midlands), how strange. They are both populated for the 27th. though

EDIT
It's probably something to do with the clock change from BST back to GMT on the 26th.

Last edited:
The problem you describe is happening here on the Waltham transmitter. No details for Channels 4 & 5 for the weekend.
Most of us would usually suggest you don't retune in situations like this.

Agreed - don't retune.
Same problem here on Rowridge. Both HDRs affected identically.
On Saturday the CH4 listing stops at 07:15, CH5 at 06:00. Both resume at 06:00 GMT on Sunday. Easy to miss the F1 Qualifying Highlights (Sat CH4 22:45 - 00:15).
There is usually some kind of hiccup when the clocks change but I don't recall seeing this one before.

Also referred in the Freeview section (correct category):

Also referred in the Freeview section (correct category):
Always a difficult one! At the time of writing greywizard probably thought it was a fault with the 1800/2000T (although the same problem with the TV is a bit of a clue). After all, the continuing problem of the blank spaces in 9150/9300T EPG is not a Freeview problem but a Humax buggy firmware problem.

Back