Channel 4 axes couple

SemiRamis

I do like it when idiots get egg all over their faces.
This couple has been axed from our channel
They're back this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240604_013408_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240604_013408_Samsung Internet.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 10
Still. They're advertising it as though they're best buddies, can you imagine how much they must hate them?
Having filmed it I guess they figured they may as well show it rather than toss it out as a total loss. It seems to be only three episodes anyway, so a useful filler.

Is anybody really interested?
Which planet are you on? 'Reality' (yeah, right) TV is probably bigger than the soaps these days, especially if they get 'celebrities' involved.
Narcissistic idiocy IMO, but people watch it - ironically as an escape from reality I suspect.

Being on my own much of the time, I have the TV on for background... but I draw the line above people apparently being utter prats (or pretending for the money). Somehow being a prat in a drama is more acceptable than being a prat in a 'reality' show.

Are we supposed to believe that Holden and Carr really did the work to renovate a villa?

celebrity version of a quiz
I may be wrong as I don't track them, but it seems to me that, aside from University Challenge, every show that used to use members of the public now uses celebrities - real or alleged. I assume it's a sort of pay-your-mates scheme ... a bit like nepotism.

I may be wrong as I don't track them, but it seems to me that, aside from University Challenge, every show that used to use members of the public now uses celebrities - real or alleged. I assume it's a sort of pay-your-mates scheme ... a bit like nepotism.
I suspect rather than nepotism it is about ratings, they assume every celeb has a fan base who will watch the show based on who is on it and would not if it was just Joe Public taking part.

Back