Channel Information not 100% correct.

Wallace

Traveler 34122
I have done a manual channel search this morning. I followed some instructions I found sometime ago, can't remember where!

The process was:
  • Start Auto scan, but cancel straight away. This is supposed to delete all previous channel info.
  • Select the manual scan option and enter a channel appropriate to your transmitter. Set to search for DVB-T for a non-HD channels and DVB-T2 to search for HD channels.
  • I am served from Winter Hill. My SD channels are: 62, 59, 58, 61, 55 and for HD 54. We also have a local MUX on channel 57.
  • After the search is completed on a channel, save it and move on to the next channel. I did this for all but for channel 57, the local MUX, as the programming is rubbish and of no interest. I simply did NOT manually scan this channel.
  • So I have now manually scanned all six channels, ignored channel 57, and saved them.
  • When I check my channel list, all is as it should be. All channels present, 100% signal quality, no problem.
However, when I check in the Channel Information via the WebIF, I see this:

Channels.JPG

As you can see, channel 54, the HD channel is showing 0% for both signal quality and strength when the native Humax channel scan page says 72% signal strength, and 100% quality. I can view all four HD channels flawlessly.

Also, channel 57 (local MUX) is also showing and I haven't tuned it in! To add insult to injury, it also shows that ch57 has 6 channels in the >799 range. The native Humax channel list does not show any channels above 799 at all!

It is obvious mis-information as everything is working as it should be. It's just not showing right.

Have I been misinformed about how to do a manual scan, and ch57 is 'left over from a previous rescan' perhaps?

I feel I have read something about something similar happening to someone else, but my search didn't find it hence this new post.

Thanks for reading.

You can access the manual tuning instructions via the Index, and the channel information has been discussed in the WebIF topic - you're lucky, my channel display only shows signal on one mux!

The display is entirely reliant on what the Hummy has stored in its database about the channel tuning. We had postulated that running an auto-tune sets up all the mux strengths, and running a manual tune only stores the mux strength for the last mux tuned, but that supposition looks flawed now.

If you click on the >view link next to the 6 channels, what do you see? The information on that screen is coming straight out of the Humax tuning database on disk.

We had postulated that running an auto-tune sets up all the mux strengths, and running a manual tune only stores the mux strength for the last mux tuned, but that supposition looks flawed now.

New theorem then... Is it the switch between DVB/T and DVB/T2 that wipes the previous strength data? Wallace - did you by any chance tune the HD Mux first? I think that most people tune it last and then they only have strength/quality info for that HD Mux.

I am not too sure, but in all probability, yes I did tune it in first as it's the lowest channel number!

The native channel list does not show any channels >799.

As you can see in my screen shots, the info is a little garbled anyway!

Back