[channeldel] Automatically delete unwanted channels (Note: now superseded by tunefix)

I've now written/tested/debugged tunefix which will (with the aid of a small config. file) put everything back as I want it after a retune.

Will this be available as a 'package'? Or have I misunderstood?

Possibly. Are you in a region where you get the wrong transmitter or multiple transmitters and are you willing to test it? You'll need to be moderately familiar with the command line operation of the box.

Sounds like it would be a good replacement for chandel. I'd be happy to assist with a web-based settings screen if you'd like.
Should I send you the package and some words of wisdom on what the config. file fields mean then? Thanks for the offer as doing the web stuff is beyond my patience level :)

Any clues why channel.db >> hidden menu >> copy USB to DB >> reboot doesn't always work? I would prefer to be able to export the tuning to another machine reliably.

Little problemette. I deleted a couple of channels that I now want back. I edited the LH column in channeldel settings to remove them from that list, saved , rebooted but the channels are not back. Now they are not in either the LH column or the RH column. What's up doc?

The services don't come back just because you stop channeldel deleting them any more - you have to add them back (but obviously you do have to stop channeldel deleting them again...).

C'mon Trev, you usually catch on quicker than that! Once a service has been deleted from the tuning database channel.db, where do you think it's going to come from to be restored?

prpr. Thanks.
@BH. I must have been having one of my senior moments. Oh no, my crystal ball was cloudy and a quick look at Things Every and the Wiki didn't come up wit the answer. Not saying it isn't there, (and if it isn't, why not) just could not find how to do it. I did sort of think I had to retune, but wanted to avoid that if possible, which is why I asked.

I can't vouch for the wiki, but it's not in Things Every... because it isn't something which affects users of non-CF HD/HDR-FOXes... unless they happen to delete a service manually maybe. It could be added as a footnote to a wiki entry regarding channeldel too.

How have I not noticed this thread before, I'm very much looking forward to installing it when I get home, will save all the hassle of trying to remember what al the channels are and whether or not I want them which I normally have when a retune is needed!

Thanks for this!! :)

How have I not noticed this thread before, I'm very much looking forward to installing it when I get home, will save all the hassle of trying to remember what al the channels are and whether or not I want them which I normally have when a retune is needed!

Thanks for this!! :)
You might want to hang on for prpr's new tunefix package which is coming soon and has more options. channeldel will likely be retired shortly.

Oops. Assume total incompetence and you won't go far wrong. If you want to test it on an idiot, let me know.
Ah... fair enough, then wait I shall! :)
The first release of tunefix is available now from the package repository. It's only been tested on my boxes and doesn't yet have a web interface (but af123's working on it!). If you're feeling adventurous, you could install it and try an automatic retune and see what happens.
I'll try and write some words tonight, when I've had my tea :)

Has this now been removed. I have only just seen the "not in repository !" this morning.
I used this last time I did a retune.
I do have Tunefix installed which sorted my channels after a retune today.
Sorry, I'm confused lol.

Back