• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

This is upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

[ChaseDecrypt] - Decrypt while recording

MymsMan

Ad detector

ChaseDecrypt - Decrypt while recording

ChaseDecrypt runs whilst a recording is in progress allowing remote access to a programme via file Sharing and a media player like VLC.

This package is experimental and is not intended to be a replacement for Auto Decrypt

You can choose that all programmes for specified channels are processed using the Channel inclusion list or just certain programs by using the Folder flags

If a programme is selected for both ChaseDecrypt and DetectAds Chaserun then DetectAds will take the precedence.

See the wiki for more details https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/ChaseDecrypt

OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
Personally I have mixed results accessing recordings in progress using VLC, frequent long pauses - hopefully you will see better results.

The Splash viewer doesn' pause but it doesn't see the entire programme if it is still recording

chips_v

I currently have my HD-T2 set with the same encryption key as my HDR to avoid the need for decryption. I have similar results trying to view a recording in progress on the HDR from the HD-T2. Perhaps the hardware just isn't up to it?

chips_v

No, it's the software that isn't up to it.
Do you mean the Humax software generally isn't up to remote chase play, or the Foxlink package specifically (which is what I use to connect my 2 machines)? Just trying to understand if it is something that could be improved (either via ChaseDecrypt or another route).

prpr

Do you mean the Humax software generally isn't up to remote chase play, or the Foxlink package specifically
The Humax software was never designed to do remote chase play.
VLC is bug-ridden junk.
Foxlink is just a thing which sets up/takes down an NFS share mapping - it doesn't actually do anything outside of that.
NFS links which go down cause all sorts of grief (hangs, crashes) on the target box.
None of this is hardware dependent.

chips_v

The Humax software was never designed to do remote chase play.
VLC is bug-ridden junk.
Foxlink is just a thing which sets up/takes down an NFS share mapping - it doesn't actually do anything outside of that.
NFS links which go down cause all sorts of grief (hangs, crashes) on the target box.
None of this is hardware dependent.
Thanks for clarifying. Very helpful.

/df

I currently have my HD-T2 set with the same encryption key as my HDR to avoid the need for decryption. I have similar results trying to view a recording in progress on the HDR from the HD-T2. Perhaps the hardware just isn't up to it?
I suppose you can play completed recordings, as opposed to in-progress, across the network?

Some classes of WiFi and possibly other LAN connection types may have trouble keeping up with HD video data rates, especially if WiFi is being used for other things simultaneously.

chips_v

I suppose you can play completed recordings, as opposed to in-progress, across the network?

Some classes of WiFi and possibly other LAN connection types may have trouble keeping up with HD video data rates, especially if WiFi is being used for other things simultaneously.
Yes, no problem playing completed recordings. I generally go for non-HD recordings for things I know will be watched upstairs, to try and minimise the chance of problems across the WiFi.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Yes, no problem playing completed recordings. I generally go for non-HD recordings for things I know will be watched upstairs, to try and minimise the chance of problems across the WiFi.
Ditto, but in my case the HomePlug network.

OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
Writing the package was prompted by the comments by the comments by @CrystalBaller in another thread that he regularly watched DetectAds output whilst recording is in progress. Unfortunately he didn't mention which viewer he used