Clearing the Valid/Failed status flag

Is it possible to clear the recorded files recording status flag manually within WebIf (or telnet)?
The recording looks OK, so....I want its set Thumbnail.
(I understand its the bits around Flags byte 0x28C in its *.hmt file)

Last edited:
Yes using the HMT command with the +patch8=0x28C:2 option

Edit: corrected value to 2 for Vaild

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise there was an htm command. SO much to learn!

I tried this but no change. I think I've got the wrong flag,
Here's more info:

StatusValid/Failed: Conflicted with a higher priority recording

referring to URL: wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/HMT_File_Format
Corresponding info looks to be:
0x0290 1 byte 00 Failed recording code - see table below.
Failed Recording Codes: 19: Conflicted with higher priority recording /note slightly different text missing the "a"

If I enter; hmt +read8=0x0290 "Man of Steel_20211113_2300.hmt"
I get; 19 0x13

So I guessing entering; hmt +patch8=0x290:00 "Man of Steel_20211113_2300.hmt"
Will fix this?

Last edited:
Thanks for that.
I was going to backup with FileZilla but for unknown reason its currently not connecting to my humax4 (its OK on humax1) and didn't know the "ftp" copy command!
Now I do :)

Fixed!
replied with; Patching width 8 - 0x290(656) = 0(0)

Thank you.
P.S. I there a command I can enter to list the commands/help?
I've tried; # help, ?, -h, -?

Type the <tab> key twice. Whether it is much help or not is a matter for debate!

didn't know the "ftp" copy command!
In this case cp is the Linux copy command, not FTP (although some implementations of the FTP client will also use "cp" as the copy command, particularly clients for Linux/UNIX rather than Windows/MS-DOS). Using Webshell or Telnet you're running a terminal session on the actual target processor, whereas FTP accesses the file system remotely.

With the samba package installed on the HDR-FOX CF, you can also do point-and-click file operations directly from a Windows machine (as a network mount, but you'll need to turn on SMB1 support if you're using Win10+). Use nfs-utils when working from a Linux or MacOS machine.

I there a command I can enter to list the commands/help?
Just google "linux shell commands". Only a subset is implemented in the HDR-FOX Linux, but the basic commands are there. More are added by the busybox package.

Type the <tab> key twice. Whether it is much help or not is a matter for debate!
So it does, I didn't know that... but all you get is a list of executables with no explanation!

Last edited:
All very interesting, thanks.

Also, if you enter first letter of command set and double-tab, it will list commands with that letter (and you get a bell too boot!)

It completes file names too, which is most useful.
You get a similar (but different) effect in a Window$ command prompt.

Just for fun, try this:
Code:
echo $PATH | tr ':' '\n' | xargs -n 1 ls -1 > /tmp/commands
Lines=$(cat /tmp/commands) ; for cmds in $Lines ; do ( echo $cmds >> /tmp/commandhelp ; $cmds --help >> /tmp/commandhelp ) ; done
more /tmp/commandhelp
Don't worry about the error message cannot access /mod/usr/bin.

Back